People thought they meant actual new songs...? I can't imagine them ever doing that anymore.

I thought it would at least be songs they haven't played, or some new visuals. But, apparently it was... nothing? :chuckle:

Although it looks like they're trying to get to Aftermath.

Matt seriously can't remember the lyrics to Defector after all that time practicing and playing it....? :LOL:

Various people met Matt and Dom. Can't link right now but basically, to Dom:

"Apart from Glorious what other songs do you want to play that Matt isn't up for?"

"New Born."

Dom also said they rehearsed B&H but it sounded shit so they didn't bother with it.

Various people met Matt and Dom. Can't link right now but basically, to Dom:

"Apart from Glorious what other songs do you want to play that Matt isn't up for?"

"New Born."

Dom also said they rehearsed B&H but it sounded shit so they didn't bother with it.

I can understand Matt not being bothered about New Born given how much it's been played in the past.

Butterflies sounding shit sounds crazy to me, it's always been phenomenal live. Unless Matt's finding it tough to sing these days...

Edit: Guess we can rule both of those out for Glastonbury and the other summer festivals.

Edited by cyborgninja117

We're used to a certain standard of flawlessness when it comes to Muse, so it's interesting to hear about how certain songs are ditched because they sound like shit. It's not that weird though, especially these days when the energy levels from the band aren't what they used to be.

I'm not too bothered by New Born given how many times I've seen it, though since they started playing quicker again it was pretty great. I'd take B+H over it any day though.

Edit: I do find it interesting that they thought B+H sounded shit when Madness (vocally) sounds dire these days.

Edited by cyborgninja117

I can understand Matt not being bothered about New Born given how much it's been played in the past.

Why doesn't that hold true for the other worn out singles, though...?

New Born was a single that quite a few fans (in Europe) say got them into the band, and consistently ranks in people's Top 10, or even Top 5, lists.

I'm not fussed by never seeing it, because I'm take it or leave it about it on album, but... I understand Glorious being a "cult favorite" and a BSide... but New Born shocks me.

Is Matt's criteria for setlists Drones stuff and things he can just autopilot through?

And he's not even bothering to memorize the lyrics to shit?

Although, I can see Matt struggling badly with BH vocals the way it stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBi09m3pcbg

Really high quality CE video from last night. They seem to be enjoying themselves, I saw smiles from Matt and Chris.

:awesome:. Pretty sure I spotted my group jumping about under that crane camera. That really was one of my top Muse live moments so far. I'd love it if this and/or Map would feature on a possible DVD release, but who knows what format that thing would have anyway...

I don't miss it one bit.

Oh god I do. Those few times it was played on the 2015 festival tour looked absolutely fantastic.

Butterflies sounding shit sounds crazy to me, it's always been phenomenal live. Unless Matt's finding it tough to sing these days...

Edit: Guess we can rule both of those out for Glastonbury and the other summer festivals.

Oddly, the same Twitter this might be referring too said they might play it at Sziget (having initially Tweeted they were going to do Black Holes in full at Sziget... awkward).

Then again, if we're referring to the Assassin in Belfast principle, I think we can already call the likelihood.

No Glorious and no Butterflies? Why, Muse, WHY?

Also, is funny how B&H was great in France this tour, and now don't sound right.

I thought the vocals sounded a bit rough in the Paris performance. Instrumentally it sounded great though.

Its at/near the top of my "songs I want to see live" list right now. Someday, hopefully.

Oh god I do. Those few times it was played on the 2015 festival tour looked absolutely fantastic.

Yeah the LA Mayan performance was great. Surprised they've dropped it tbh.

Why doesn't that hold true for the other worn out singles, though...?

New Born was a single that quite a few fans (in Europe) say got them into the band, and consistently ranks in people's Top 10, or even Top 5, lists.

Believe me, I don't dislike the songs but I'd like to see Uprising, Madness, Starlight and SMBH rotated as often as possible on future tours. Then again I've seen them many times now, if I was seeing them for the first time I'd expect those songs.

Muse could so easily fix the setlist complaints by adding in more songs, that isn't going to happen though. :(

I don't get why you guys are comparing with live performances of B&H. If it was played, it was obviously because they were happy with it. We've already been given hints that they're pretty quick to say "nah, not tonight" if a song feels wrong to them during sound check. It's not a huge decision like "This song doesn't work anymore", they just haven't managed to get it to where they like when trying it out.

I don't get why you guys are comparing with live performances of B&H.

Maybe for selfish reasons, B&H and Glorious are two of my favourites songs, and now that they are recording a live album and streaming a couple of shows in high quality, the possibilty of having these two songs in the same recording will be amazing.

Maybe for selfish reasons, B&H and Glorious are two of my favourites songs, and now that they are recording a live album and streaming a couple of shows in high quality, the possibilty of having these two songs in the same recording will be amazing.
What possibility? Based on the fact that they confirmed they won't play a song that has been dead for over 10 years and don't current like the sound of the other? Just because the songs have been mentioned lately that doesn't mean it's any more possible than it's been for any of the previous tours where it hasn't happened.

Oddly, the same Twitter this might be referring too said they might play it at Sziget (having initially Tweeted they were going to do Black Holes in full at Sziget... awkward).

Then again, if we're referring to the Assassin in Belfast principle, I think we can already call the likelihood.

I thought the vocals sounded a bit rough in the Paris performance. Instrumentally it sounded great though.

Its at/near the top of my "songs I want to see live" list right now. Someday, hopefully.

Yeah the LA Mayan performance was great. Surprised they've dropped it tbh.

When was this confirmed? That they would play B&H in full at Sziget, I mean? :eek:

Because if this is the case, I need to go and see them.

So I see that nobody is talking about the last night concert in Prague... I attended it. And I gotta say, this was the first time I was sorta disappointed :$ It was my third Muse concert, and I hate to sound off like a brat, but I am dying to hear MoTP, and have had no luck at all. :( And seeing that you guys got MoTP and Citizen Erased in Berlin, just one day before, made me depressed...

Not only that, but the setlist last night was a bit of a snooze fest, what with Feeling Good, Revolt, Madness, Starlight, all going one after the other, and some of the songs constantly played sounding just a little bit... tired (Uprising, Supermassive, for instance). I totally agree with one of the previous posts saying that they should do rotating a bit more, even the constant singles.. Also, I got to hear Plug in Baby and Hysteria for the third time, so had no luck in rotation there as well.

I do know some fans would like to hear it, but 18 songs per concert is just way too little... though this has been repeated many times before, I am aware of it.

Another issue - the sound. It was really hard to distinguish at times, especially the bass. Maybe it was just where I was standing (very close to the stage), but I just thought it was not as clear as my previous concerts.

Speaking of which, I believe that at this tour it is definitely much better to get standing tickets, to enjoy the visuals more, and this is another reason why I am a bit bummed. Please don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for getting to hear the band for the third time, it's just it cost a lot of money to get there and have a mediocre time at the concert.

On the plus side though, I got to hear The Globalist which was amazing from start to finish, a real BLAST live. And Take a Bow. God I was so happy when it started. Dead Inside was brilliant, too.

(Morgan is the man, I really think he is a wonderful musician.)

Also, the band played great, as usual (even though the energy level has indeed dropped during the years, and Dom looked a bit bored during the piano part of The Globalist, you could see his face which was a bit unnecessary I believe), all in all I think they had quite a bit of a fun.

The thing is... they are too afraid I think to get out of the box still. They have hits that they always stick to, Starlight, Supermassive, Uprising, TiRO, Hysteria, maybe it's time that they mixed stuff a bit. Or just enhanced the damn setlist. 18 songs is too little and is no excuse, to be honest. The concert lasted less than 2 hours.

I guess that I had it coming, after all the bragging about attending Rock Werchter 2015, which was absolutely amazing, and I still believe that this performance was unfortunately miles ahead of the last night's show.

Sorry for the chaotic post, I am exhausted from the trip and stuff, but really needed to get it out of my system. Thanks for understanding.

P.S. Jack Garatt is horrible. WHAT THE HELL were they thinking choosing him as an opener?

Edited by Museic Syndrome