So many great old songs were played on the psycho tour, I think Dom wanting to play those oldies probably comes from that. Matt is one lazy git. And he is scared of forgetting things and looking/sounding stupid, but I for one would prefer him to go nuts & fuck up than to look as complacent and bored when playing live as he seems to at the moment :(

I don't get why you guys are comparing with live performances of B&H. If it was played, it was obviously because they were happy with it. We've already been given hints that they're pretty quick to say "nah, not tonight" if a song feels wrong to them during sound check. It's not a huge decision like "This song doesn't work anymore", they just haven't managed to get it to where they like when trying it out.

This. And they don't have to worry about it either, they dont have to sit there going 'but we've got to have an old one for that lot', because it's not us they have to please it's just the millions of casual fans who have tickets given to them for christmas by families who know they've got everything else but they 'like all that rock music'

I never thought this would be the future of live rock music let alone my fave band's future

Edited by Gemsy

When was this confirmed? That they would play B&H in full at Sziget, I mean? :eek:

Because if this is the case, I need to go and see them.

So I see that nobody is talking about the last night concert in Prague... I attended it. And I gotta say, this was the first time I was sorta disappointed :$ It was my third Muse concert, and I hate to sound off like a brat, but I am dying to hear MoTP, and have had no luck at all. :( And seeing that you guys got MoTP and Citizen Erased in Berlin, just one day before, made me depressed...

Not only that, but the setlist last night was a bit of a snooze fest, what with Feeling Good, Revolt, Madness, Starlight, all going one after the other, and some of the songs constantly played sounding just a little bit... tired (Uprising, Supermassive, for instance). I totally agree with one of the previous posts saying that they should do rotating a bit more, even the constant singles.. Also, I got to hear Plug in Baby and Hysteria for the third time, so had no luck in rotation there as well.

I do know some fans would like to hear it, but 18 songs per concert is just way too little... though this has been repeated many times before, I am aware of it.

Another issue - the sound. It was really hard to distinguish at times, especially the bass. Maybe it was just where I was standing (very close to the stage), but I just thought it was not as clear as my previous concerts.

Speaking of which, I believe that at this tour it is definitely much better to get standing tickets, to enjoy the visuals more, and this is another reason why I am a bit bummed. Please don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for getting to hear the band for the third time, it's just it cost a lot of money to get there and have a mediocre time at the concert.

On the plus side though, I got to hear The Globalist which was amazing from start to finish, a real BLAST live. And Take a Bow. God I was so happy when it started. Dead Inside was brilliant, too.

(Morgan is the man, I really think he is a wonderful musician.)

Also, the band played great, as usual (even though the energy level has indeed dropped during the years, and Dom looked a bit bored during the piano part of The Globalist, you could see his face which was a bit unnecessary I believe), all in all I think they had quite a bit of a fun.

The thing is... they are too afraid I think to get out of the box still. They have hits that they always stick to, Starlight, Supermassive, Uprising, TiRO, Hysteria, maybe it's time that they mixed stuff a bit. Or just enhanced the damn setlist. 18 songs is too little and is no excuse, to be honest. The concert lasted less than 2 hours.

I guess that I had it coming, after all the bragging about attending Rock Werchter 2015, which was absolutely amazing, and I still believe that this performance was unfortunately miles ahead of the last night's show.

Sorry for the chaotic post, I am exhausted from the trip and stuff, but really needed to get it out of my system. Thanks for understanding.

P.S. Jack Garatt is horrible. WHAT THE HELL were they thinking choosing him as an opener?

Your complaints are formatted similar to mine so I can understand. I enjoyed the concerts, but there's that disappointment when you know they can do more. I've never been to anything close to the level of Werchter, but still seen some good performances. It's like you know Muse can do better and it wouldn't take much.

I also had to sit through the same SMBH>Starlight>Feeling Good>Madness>Revolt run this tour. If you ever needed a masterclass on how to kill the mood from the opening songs that was it.

having initially Tweeted they were going to do Black Holes in full at Sziget

Did the tweet give any kind of source for that? I found a tweet that linked to something on FB but it'd been deleted.

If not, I find it real hard to believe, especially after the Glastonbury rumours turned out to not be true. I feel like they'd announce or at least hint at it beforehand, like they did with R/L and Download.

So, three gigs in four nights starting tonight. Have good seats tonight in Hamburg and then hopefully barrier for the two Copenhagen gigs.

Not expecting much for tonight since it's Monday and not nearly sold out. Will be bringing my Assassin-for-Copenhagen sign and hope they take notice.

Chances for hearing Bliss, Citizen, Stockholm and Map should be realistic through the next days. And then hopefully Assassin or something else rare in Copenhagen too.

So, three gigs in four nights starting tonight. Have good seats tonight in Hamburg and then hopefully barrier for the two Copenhagen gigs.

Not expecting much for tonight since it's Monday and not nearly sold out. Will be bringing my Assassin-for-Copenhagen sign and hope they take notice.

Chances for hearing Bliss, Citizen, Stockholm and Map should be realistic through the next days. And then hopefully Assassin or something else rare in Copenhagen too.

Bliss hasn't been played at either of the two gigs on this leg so I think it will definitely be played tonight. Also expecting Stockholm maybe and Eurasia or AP. Possibly Undisclosed as well.

Expecting Bliss tonight as well, though Resistance is always lurking in the corner somewhere...

So far, nearly every standalone gig got TaB (except Belfast I guess?) so I'm really hoping they just keep it in the set for tonight.

Other than that, I'll just wait and see what happens.

Expecting Bliss tonight as well, though Resistance is always lurking in the corner somewhere...

So far, nearly every standalone gig got TaB (except Belfast I guess?) so I'm really hoping they just keep it in the set for tonight.

Other than that, I'll just wait and see what happens.

I'm pretty sure Dublin and Belfast were viewed as a two-nighter. It was definitely viewed that way by those of us who were there and I'm guessing Muse felt that way too since there was zero overlap in the rotation slots of both gigs.

Also not sure if I said this before but at the bottom of Belfast's physical setlist was written "3 Arena Dublin".

Bliss hasn't been played at either of the two gigs on this leg so I think it will definitely be played tonight. Also expecting Stockholm maybe and Eurasia or AP. Possibly Undisclosed as well.

Yes, but that could mean no Plug In Baby which makes me a little sad. Still, will 100% get to hear in Copenhagen if so.

Also very happy they played Feeling Good in Prague, so the chance for it tonight is minimal. Wouldn't actuallymind getting Resistance tonight - I think it's cool.

Yes, but that could mean no Plug In Baby which makes me a little sad. Still, will 100% get to hear in Copenhagen if so.

Also very happy they played Feeling Good in Prague, so the chance for it tonight is minimal. Wouldn't actuallymind getting Resistance tonight - I think it's cool.

They did both Bliss and PiB in London so it's possible. I wish they'd drop TIRO rather than one of those two

I'm seeing them in Riga in a couple of weeks and based on recent sets I doubt I'll see anything I haven't seen before (except maaaaybe Defector or Revolt, of which I'd much prefer the former) :(

I'm trying not to let the fact that they've always done something special for Latvia get my hopes up, as this will probably end up being the time they break that trend :chuckle:

I'm seeing them in Riga in a couple of weeks and based on recent sets I doubt I'll see anything I haven't seen before (except maaaaybe Defector or Revolt, of which I'd much prefer the former) :(

I'm trying not to let the fact that they've always done something special for Latvia get my hopes up, as this will probably end up being the time they break that trend :chuckle:

Wasn't Riga the place they last played Assassin before the Psycho Tour? You might get lucky.

Though that logic reminds me of the T2L tour when a trumpeter showed up at one of the Mexico gigs and there was speculation City of Delusion would get played because 1. trumpet and 2. the last place it was played before being dropped was Mexico.

Wasn't Riga the place they last played Assassin before the Psycho Tour? You might get lucky.

Though that logic reminds me of the T2L tour when a trumpeter showed up at one of the Mexico gigs and there was speculation City of Delusion would get played because 1. trumpet and 2. the last place it was played before being dropped was Mexico.

Yeah, also the last place they played Cave (at Positivus Festival which isn't in Riga but... same country :p ) Also it was one of the few places on T2L arena tour to get Save Me... so by that logic they'll probably play Aftermath :LOL: I wonder if there's a deliberate reason they've tended to play rare songs there or if it's just a coincidence?

Yeah, also the last place they played Cave (at Positivus Festival which isn't in Riga but... same country :p ) Also it was one of the few places on T2L arena tour to get Save Me... so by that logic they'll probably play Aftermath :LOL: I wonder if there's a deliberate reason they've tended to play rare songs there or if it's just a coincidence?

I might've suggested that maybe they play rarer songs in countries they tend to visit far less than others (Japan, Latvia as you say), but the Prague gig kinda ruins that theory. :LOL:

Did the tweet give any kind of source for that? I found a tweet that linked to something on FB but it'd been deleted.

If not, I find it real hard to believe, especially after the Glastonbury rumours turned out to not be true. I feel like they'd announce or at least hint at it beforehand, like they did with R/L and Download.

This account Tweeted BH&R when they meant to Tweet B&H: https://twitter.com/MuseFansUSA