IFeel like I need to see a Muse show in Italy and/or Spain just for the crowd experience (and roll the dice on setlist luck).

Is for the pasta, that kind of food make italians better than the rest of humans, specially americans.

tbf, Italy has a shitload of varieties nearly exclusive to them, and I've only tried the major eight. And not all that many of those.

I went through a major obsession with Napa Cabs and blends, and then completely ran out of money.

I have a $15, 5L box of wine in the fridge now, and I cry a little when I see it.

On topic: Finn. is more anti-American than Muse why? Did we kick his dog?

I'd say it's probably gonna be very similar to the festival run last year just without as many rarities popping up.

{Drill Sergeant}

Psycho

Supermassive Black Hole

The Handler

Plug In Baby/Bliss

Dead Inside

{Interlude} Hysteria/Stockholm Syndrome

Citizen Erased/Supremacy

Munich Jam

Feeling Good/Apocalypse Please

Map of the Problematique

Starlight

Madness

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Uprising

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

could be a likely base setlist

I'd say it's probably gonna be very similar to the festival run last year just without as many rarities popping up.

{Drill Sergeant}

Psycho

Supermassive Black Hole

The Handler

Plug In Baby/Bliss

Dead Inside

{Interlude} Hysteria/Stockholm Syndrome

Citizen Erased/Supremacy

Munich Jam

Feeling Good/Apocalypse Please

Map of the Problematique

Starlight

Madness

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Uprising

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

could be a likely base setlist

For a festival run I'd be pleased with that honestly.

I'll say Glastonbury will get:

Psycho

Reapers

Plug In Baby

Dead Inside

Resistance

The Handler

Citizen Erased

Supermassive Black Hole

Prelude + Starlight

Munich Jam

Madness

[JFK] + Interlude + Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

Uprising

The Globalist

Take A Bow

Mercy

MWAH + Knights of Cydonia

I'll say Glastonbury will get:

Psycho

Reapers

Plug In Baby

Dead Inside

Resistance

The Handler

Citizen Erased

Supermassive Black Hole

Prelude + Starlight

Munich Jam

Madness

[JFK] + Interlude + Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

Uprising

The Globalist

Take A Bow

Mercy

MWAH + Knights of Cydonia

Can't see them playing The Globalist at a festival tbh. If they do then most of the 90,000 on that field will talk right through most of it. Same for TAB, first half anyway.

By that logic they shouldn't play Madness, then.

It's just observation re what happened when they played the Globalist at their own gigs, I went to all 5 nights at the O2: and all 5 nights people talked loudly through The Globalist. And also in other countries when clips were posted. Multiply that by a more random festival crowd, it's obvious that people will talk over it.

As for Madness I couldn't say. I like the Globalist a lot, I dislike Madness a lot. Used it for my wee breaks. ;)

So... what to expect (setlist wise) from the Festivals round (starting with Glastonbury) next month?

Probably 17/18 songs and potentially more frequent rarities like Agitated since they seem to loosen up more at festivals, especially towards the end of the tour. Maybe something like Soldier's Poem popping up as a nod to Black Holes' anniversary.

By that logic they shouldn't play Madness, then.

Not really. Madness is a reasonably well known 4-minute pop song and, even if people talk through it, it still gets some form of response or sing-along. The Globalist gets 10-minutes of pretty much nothing, other than chatter and a fair amount of people walking out from what I've seen.

Edited by Jobby

Madness is a reasonably well known 4-minute pop song and, even if people talk through it, it still gets some form of response or sing-along. The Globalist gets 10-minutes of pretty much nothing, other than chatter and a fair amount of people walking out from what I've seen.

Children, these days... Such a short attention span they have! ;)

My prediction for Glasto: (these songs, maybe in a different order)

Psycho

Supermassive Black Hole

Plug In Baby

The Handler

Uprising

Dead Inside

Bliss

Map of the Problematique

Madness

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Apocalypse Please

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Stockholm Syndrome

Take a Bow

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

^I'd happily take that. I do think it'll be Feeling Good in the piano slot though, it got a hell of a sing along in 2010. They could always play two, mind.

I'd love to see B+H as well, and they were silly to not play Bliss last time as well.

I do think it'll be Feeling Good in the piano slot though, it got a hell of a sing along in 2010..

I think you're right. Especially since they've offered for Adele to join them for a song in their set.... If she was to sing on FG it'd get a huge cheer.

listening to Radiohead right now. Thom Yorke's voice is soooo whineeee

Why can't Muse play more and different songs in the tour?

Because they feel comfortable with rehearsed songs and think it's enough. There are somewhere in the middle and I don't really blame them for that. I would love to hear more songs but I understand it. Rotations could be better.

Look at Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden or AC/DC 99% of their shows on one tour have the same setlist, then there are bands that change like 2-3 songs a night like Guns N' Roses and then comes Muse with like 5. On the other hand you have bands like RHCP with staples plus huge rotation or even further Pearl Jam and Radiohead. I don't think either of those bands played the same show twice (especially Pearl Jam)

Because they feel comfortable with rehearsed songs and think it's enough. There are somewhere in the middle and I don't really blame them for that. I would love to hear more songs but I understand it. Rotations could be better.

Look at Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden or AC/DC 99% of their shows on one tour have the same setlist, then there are bands that change like 2-3 songs a night like Guns N' Roses and then comes Muse with like 5. On the other hand you have bands like RHCP with staples plus huge rotation or even further Pearl Jam and Radiohead. I don't think either of those bands played the same show twice (especially Pearl Jam)

Yes. And yet those 5 rotations have been drawn from 21 different songs (in addition to the tour staples) so, over the whole tour there's a v broad range... it's a lot to keep in an ongoing repertoire. Guess that the occasionals which pop up get rehearsed as they go along.