No, the crowd wasn't that good.

The first 3-4 rows (less than 200 people) were jumping and singing. But the rest of the crowd (more than 400 people) were just standing there, drinking champagne and filming with their phones. there were lots and lots of sponsors and officials of Warner Europe.

What a waste! So it was a promo gig then? Interesting how the filming makes the crowd look good. Also on the VT the crowd sounds loud on Psycho... but I guess than can be tweaked.

edit:

And having Royal Blood as support was epic as well :)

was this at the same gig?

Royal Blood and Muse small venue! I'd sell my granny for that

What a waste! So it was a promo gig then? Interesting how the filming makes the crowd look good. Also on the VT the crowd sounds loud on Psycho... but I guess than can be tweaked.

was this at the same gig?

Royal Blood and Muse small venue! I'd sell my granny for that

Yeah, it was a promo gig organized by Amazon (I didn't know, that they do such things)…

And yeah, Royal Blood and Muse in a venue for about 700 people… and I did some things on the edge of legality to get inside… but it all worked out and was totally fuckin worth it!

Yeah, it was a promo gig organized by Amazon (I didn't know, that they do such things)…

And yeah, Royal Blood and Muse in a venue for about 700 people… and I did some things on the edge of legality to get inside… but it all worked out and was totally fuckin worth it!

Good on you! :D:D:D

I saw Royal Blood last year at Brixton academy (saw them the year before at Glastonbury), and they completely tore it up. The whole floor bounced/moshed front to back.

Hope their second album lives up to the first.

Royal Blood were amazing the first two times I saw them.

They were painfully underwhelming when they stepped up to the main stage at Reading last year though.

Yes. And they fell flat when they supported the Foos at Milton Keynes. Wasn't sure if was them, the crowd, or the huge venue.

Yes. And they fell flat when they supported the Foos at Milton Keynes. Wasn't sure if was them, the crowd, or the huge venue.

I saw them at the huge Finsbury Park gig opening for Arctic Monkeys in 2014 and their performance there was arguably better than AM's (as was Miles Kane's slot). At the MK Bowl gig it felt to me as though they'd changed their act a little similar to classic rock bands live - all the songs were performed at a slower tempo, and there was a stupid amount of faff. Out of the Black wound up being about 10 minutes long, with the Iron Man riff, drummer crowd-surfing and extended solos.

For me it didn't work.

+1 to that.

When I saw them the first two times, they played probably 3-4 more songs in the same time and with no faff.

Reading was ridiculous. The singer bloke spend 2-3 minutes just staring at the crowd at one stage. Think their success/hype got to them a little towards the end of their tour.

+1 to that.

When I saw them the first two times, they played probably 3-4 more songs in the same time and with no faff.

Reading was ridiculous. The singer bloke spend 2-3 minutes just staring at the crowd at one stage. Think their success/hype got to them a little towards the end of their tour.

I'd say its touring with Foo Fighters, given that they do this sort of thing all the time so they clearly saw it and figured "let's try that". But the Foos can get away with that as they've got Dave Grohl singing, given he's a guy who a lot of people like & respect and has years of experience at being a frontman, plus the songs are that well known for people to go along with it. Whereas RB sort of don't have this series of factors.

Any idea of the context of this?

It was a competition held by I think iHeartRadio where people could send in clips of themselves singing along to Muse songs and they would pick one guy and one girl to sing a song with them from the list of songs. The girl sang Starlight.

Personally, I'd like to see two or three full piano songs at every festival and arena, and at least a couple of partial piano songs too.

If Eurasia and Feeling Good wouldn't be staples for that every time, I'd be completely on board.

It was weird to me to have a piano song on T2L, and our chances of getting it in the one piano slot was 1 out of 3 at best.

Also, not with the Drones stage set up. The lack of visibility for a good deal of the arena of the piano was pretty bad.

I couldn't see him at all, and as much as I did want to see AP, I found my attention wavering pretty bad.

If Eurasia and Feeling Good wouldn't be staples for that every time, I'd be completely on board.

It was weird to me to have a piano song on T2L, and our chances of getting it in the one piano slot was 1 out of 3 at best.

Also, not with the Drones stage set up. The lack of visibility for a good deal of the arena of the piano was pretty bad.

I couldn't see him at all, and as much as I did want to see AP, I found my attention wavering pretty bad.

All fair points. I should've specified NOT FEELING GOOD.

Any idea of the context of this?

Translated from the description:

"Muse (including Morgan Nicholls) playing 'Plug in Baby' with one of the two winners of the "Sing with Muse" contest on Chicago radio: 101 WKQX."