Last time we got new music early it was Neutron Star Collision.

And is a fun and poppy song. Too bad it was released in a soundtrack of an awful movie, but i prefer NSC over the likes of Madness and Big Freeze.

They have no problem announcing gigs with seriously short notice, so I'm sure the announcements will come after this part of the tour is over.

They generally don't play here until December anyway so even if they do wait until after even the august shows to announce it it's still 4 months. Think last time round they announced the shows in June/July and then played beginning of December.

Muse always talk about how they will start working on new material two years after they started touring, then it's "We'll probably just do a few odd gigs here and there", and then I think we all know how that went in 2011 and 2014.

Muse always talk about how they will start working on new material two years after they started touring, then it's "We'll probably just do a few odd gigs here and there", and then I think we all know how that went in 2011 and 2014.

But they did just do a few gigs in 2014. Three, iirc.

But they did just do a few gigs in 2014. Three, iirc.

Wonder if the small amount of gigs was affected by Matt's laryngitis in some way?

Either way, I reckon we'll get some more club gigs at the start of next year, maybe one or two more festivals as well. Personally though, I wouldn't expect a new album 'til maybe early 2018, unless they finally decide to go forward with this 'releasing single songs/EPs' thing. I seem to remember Matt usually underestimating how long it takes them to put stuff out.

Personally though, I wouldn't expect a new album 'til maybe early 2018, unless they finally decide to go forward with this 'releasing single songs/EPs' thing. I seem to remember Matt usually underestimating how long it takes them to put stuff out.

Yes I agree, 2017 seems too optimistic given past experience.

Either way, I reckon we'll get some more club gigs at the start of next year

And this would be very nice! I feel ticket stress already :eek:

I cant imagine Muse would whack another album/release out that soon. They strike me as the kinda guys who would rather chill and take time off then just release another LP 3 years after the last as per

Who knows? Maybe they will indeed do it as such. After all, this tour is probably going to be one of their shortest ever.

Except I don't think Matt's said anything about doing any gigs in 2017 beyond what's already been announced.