The setlist wasn't bad at all, but nothing stellar. So tomorrow night will be either amazing with Butterflies, Blackout, Citizen and the likes... or the pop night with Feeling Good instead of AP and Undisclosed instead of TaB.

Butterflies isn't coming back this tour IMO, I think it was just a one off.

Blackout really isn't amazing because Matt doesn't play guitar on it anymore. If he did then it would be, especially with the air raid siren but it's not the same

Butterflies isn't coming back this tour IMO, I think it was just a one off.

I've said it before but, dammit, Butterflies' rareness is criminal and it should swap places with CE :phu:

Blackout really isn't amazing because Matt doesn't play guitar on it anymore. If he did then it would be, especially with the air raid siren but it's not the same

Yeah, guitarless Blackout is legit awful and, if that's how they're gonna insist on playing it, I'd rather it be permanently buried. It's just sad watching something that was so great on the Black Holes tour sink to UD/2013 GL levels.

Rome was extremely pop oriented but it wasn't an accident, a film to show how mainstream can Muse be, with an olympic stadium packed with people singing every word of every song. In that regard is a great work, in the sense of the final product being exactly what they had in their minds.

If they go for a different kind of movie this time i'm sure it'll be an awesome setlist. It just depends on how they want the live album.

I still don't understand the mentality behind the Rome release. "We're planning on putting an album out in a year that's going to sound like Agitated/Yes Please, but let's showcase our pop side"

Yeah, guitarless Blackout is legit awful and, if that's how they're gonna insist on playing it, I'd rather it be permanently buried. It's just sad watching something that was so great on the Black Holes tour sink to UD/2013 GL levels.

This is why I don't like Starlight and TiRO anymore. Starlight used to be really good live in 2006.

I was at yesterday's gig, it was amazing :awesome: I expected Matt to move less given his fracture, tbh

There was an advice half an hour before they started telling us to turn off the flash from our mobiles and cameras. I don't know the complete advice, because I was translating it to Sapnish :LOL: And there were guards telling people to turn off the flash during the gig.

I was in the front row in one catwalk (are they catwalks or some kind of B-satges? I don't know how to call them in English :LOL:), and there was a guy holding a camera everytime Matt went over there. I could see the screen and it seemed to be shots for a DVD. Matt was even "posing" at some times for the camera :LOL::LOL:

Weird cause i saw a video of Matt singing UD but it's not on the setlist...

I'd say Bliss, CE and SS for tomorrow.

The didn't play UD :p

Yeah, they wouldn't put out a DVD of a gig with malfunctioning tech. Maybe they'll make a DVD that contains footage of both nights, like they did with HAARP?

Tonight's setlist seems pretty decent. There has been far worse this tour (although that would still mean nothing, since they usually cut out the best songs for the DVD :rolleyes:).

90% sure HAARP doesn't contain footage of both nights but it's a perfectly reasonable idea.

Might ruin the flow a bit though as I like the fact that previous DVDs were literally pretty much fluid video of the whole concert.

Edited by Fish Luke

90% sure HAARP doesn't contain footage of both nights.

The Maggie's Farm riffage after Map is from the first night, 'cause Matt's guitar messed up on the second night. You can see his trainers change if you look closely. That's the only case of it though, tmk anyway.

Edited by Jobby

The Maggie's Farm riffage after Map is from the first night, 'cause Matt's guitar messed up on the second night. You can see his trainers change if you look closely. That's the only case of it though, tmk anyway.

Ah fair enough. Good to know since I was there on the first night!

I still don't understand the mentality behind the Rome release. "We're planning on putting an album out in a year that's going to sound like Agitated/Yes Please, but let's showcase our pop side"

This is why I don't like Starlight and TiRO anymore. Starlight used to be really good live in 2006.

The idea was to do the more "eclectic" DVD, and then the next one would be a rock album and (presumably) DVD.

Which would make sense, and make for less overlap of songs... except, they only followed through with the album part, not the tour part.

Matt had also said that they were "drawing a line under" that part of their career, or something, but he seems to have totally changed his mind again considering the descriptions of the next album he's throwing around already.

Because, of course he did... *sigh*

I was at yesterday's gig, it was amazing :awesome: I expected Matt to move less given his fracture, tbh

There was an advice half an hour before they started telling us to turn off the flash from our mobiles and cameras. I don't know the complete advice, because I was translating it to Sapnish :LOL: And there were guards telling people to turn off the flash during the gig.

I was in the front row in one catwalk (are they catwalks or some kind of B-satges? I don't know how to call them in English :LOL:), and there was a guy holding a camera everytime Matt went over there. I could see the screen and it seemed to be shots for a DVD. Matt was even "posing" at some times for the camera :LOL::LOL:

The didn't play UD :p

The flashes actually cause the projections to not function correctly, and because the two sides are facing each other, make it really unpleasant for the people across from you and your camera. They had issues with it in Mexico.

I suppose as long as it's just drone fails that would be easy enough to patch in a video from a different night.

B&H should be rotated with CE imho…

CE - B&H

Hysteria - Stockholm

Assassin - Dead Star ( :D )

Plug in Baby - Bliss

What happened to New Born?

I like the B&H-CE rotation, and the DS-Assassin one. :)

For the rest, though, I'd personally do like this:

Hysteria - New Born (as a solution to the sad destiny of the song you've mentioned);

Stockholm - Fury;

PIB - SMBH (yep);

Bliss - MOTP (double yep).

Now you're talking. I'd also throw TiRO into the PiB/SMBH rotation and MK Ultra in with Map and Bliss.

I'd rather rotate TIRO with Panic Station. Sorry, it's that I prefer making rotations in pairs. :)

We could also rotate Starlight with Madness, although I think it would be an unfair comparison (Madness >>> guitarless Starlight).

Well it's officially a shame that Radiohead's return to form so far bests Muse's in every way imaginable. Matt could never write a track as subtle as Daydreaming these days.
Good thing JJTheMuse isn't here to read this. He would never allow anyone to say anything negative about Drones.