Must feel kinda mad playing a song that's at least 20 years old and from your wannabe grunge/punk days now that you're the headline act at arenas and festivals.

Also, no The Handler... Couldn't they play it in place of Feeling Good?

I don't blame him for taking the opportunity to drop it and save his vocals the strain tbh. I'd probs do the same in his shoes.

Must feel kinda mad playing a song that's at least 20 years old and from your wannabe grunge/punk days now that you're the headline act at arenas and festivals.

I don't blame him for taking the opportunity to drop it and save his vocals the strain tbh. I'd probs do the same in his shoes.

1) :LOL: ...But what if he was mad because of the missed performance of Map?

2) Maybe, but I hope it doesn't become a habit. I wonder how he sounded today.

This Top of the Mountain thing isn't even an actual festival.

Every year in Ischgl they get someone to open (in November) and close (end of April) the ski season. And one with Easter too apparently.

They've had all kinds of acts over the years, from Elton John, Tina Turner, to Robbie Williams, 30 Seconds to Mars, Supertramp,...

So it's diverse, to say the least! But they are the only act playing, so no other bands or acts coming.

And everyone who has a ski pass can go, it's just a big party to end the ski season. And people go to watch a big act, have fun and après ski. It's not your typical concert environment.

I know this cos I work at a travel agency and we have had trips for the ski openers and closers in Ischgl ;)

Was Starlight still guitarless, even away from the '360? :noey:

Dunno why I'm even slightly disappointed tbf, might as well just bury Starlight and assume that Matt's gonna go guitarless to at least some extent for every tour until they quit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr-klZiHPKc

Fragments from this gig. Chris looks like santa's helper, lol.

There's a two-fold thing with that - its both really funny and slightly cool that they turned up in ski costumes, but I still can't imagine someone wearing something that ridiculous singing stuff like Psycho or Dead Inside. :chuckle:

This Top of the Mountain thing isn't even an actual festival.

Every year in Ischgl they get someone to open (in November) and close (end of April) the ski season. And one with Easter too apparently.

They've had all kinds of acts over the years, from Elton John, Tina Turner, to Robbie Williams, 30 Seconds to Mars, Supertramp,...

So it's diverse, to say the least! But they are the only act playing, so no other bands or acts coming.

And everyone who has a ski pass can go, it's just a big party to end the ski season. And people go to watch a big act, have fun and après ski. It's not your typical concert environment.

I know this cos I work at a travel agency and we have had trips for the ski openers and closers in Ischgl ;)

I remember The Killers did the closing concert in 2011. It looked like a great location to do a gig, and someone who went said there was then a big dance party after. Definitely not a conventional gig.

Quite. An off the cuff mumbled comment, probably embarrassed, when they'd tried to respond to a crowd shout-out, then couldn't play a song they hadn't rehearsed. There was no 'promise' and no definition of what his vague 'maybe next time' meant.

Alright, I'll give you that argument if you want, but after saying "maybe next time", Assassin pops up for the first time in 7 months a couple days after the "maybe next time gig"? That sucks.

Historically speaking, they've been quite reliable on their promises to Europe after the "pick the setlist rarities for the 2010 stadium tour" nonsense. They've been pretty consistent in doing above average shows at the clubs/festivals/arena tour gigs and the stadiums have been excellent value for the money. With the exception of Defector in Brussels, what cause would anyone have to believe that they're unreliable?

I'm convinced Matt meant Brussels in a sarcastic manner, and didn't have time to realize no one would get the joke...

Still curious if the girl/sign said "when will you play Defector" or something to that extent.

Then again... maybe I'm assuming too much to think Matt even remembered what city he played it in. :chuckle:

It does seem like the kind of joke he'd make, though.

Again though, it's a TINY minority of fans who pay enough attention to even have enough info to believe he's inconsistent.

I'm convinced Matt meant Brussels in a sarcastic manner, and didn't have time to realize no one would get the joke...

Still curious if the girl/sign said "when will you play Defector" or something to that extent.

Then again... maybe I'm assuming too much to think Matt even remembered what city he played it in. :chuckle:

It does seem like the kind of joke he'd make, though.

Well there's also some fan claiming Glen said they did soundcheck Defector at some point, and they didn't like the way it sounded.

So maybe that really is what happened. Dom also said in the Q&A thing that it was soundchecked and he said they did like how it sounded, but maybe the others (ie. Matt) didn't like it and decided against playing it?