It was nothing special. All things considered, it was the first gig for a year, the sound set-up for the stadium was very generic to cover all the acts, it's not the most vocally dynamic song, and I'd imagine there would be a few nerves. It was passable.

I don't see what was so bad about One Directions performance. Queen+Jessie J was a lot worse.

Ya but One Direction didn't even sing so who cares. Russell Brand is just a fucking dumbass so he doesn't count either. You don't just stop sleeping with Katy Petty... you just don't.

Yeah, at least Jessie J seemed to be actually singing, unlike talentless Justin Bieber x 5.

Yes, kinda.

It does't in the slightest, but whatever you say. The fact that I actually enjoyed the 'performance' for what it was and didn't realise they mimed, means that i cant be bothered that they actually did mime when i found out? Okay then. :rolleyes:

The middle section was a bit off and he almost cracked his voice twice, but he saved them. When he actually belted that note I went :awesome: Hopefully he'll not chicken out on it on the tour. We have to keep in mind that it's the first performance since a while, so it's not that weird it was a bit dodgy.

This will probably grow to such a beast.

it's not the most vocally dynamic song, and I'd imagine there would be a few nerves.

If anything it's one of the most vocally dynamic songs Muse have done in a long time. Not to mention that the song covers more range than every Muse album put together aside from The Resistance.

I think because Matt was nervous, he was determined to give it all he had. I don't think that released him from the nerves though. I don't think he made a mockery of it, just kind of tried to force the confidence out maybe and give it his best.

Perhaps "mockery" is too strong a word but like it has been pointed out, he barely tried to hide the playback in favour of over-the-top knee slides etc. It's a very common reaction though to make a joke out of something when you are nervous, as it's kind of a defense mechanism to protect yourself from failure.

Again, I don't think it was awful by any means but I think he could have maybe been a bit more serious about it. I mean, huge promo opportunity and all.

It does't in the slightest, but whatever you say. The fact that I actually enjoyed the 'performance' for what it was and didn't realise they mimed, means that i cant be bothered that they actually did mime when i found out? Okay then. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just can't take you seriously when you've admitted to actually thinking it was live.

I don't see what was so bad about One Directions performance. Queen+Jessie J was a lot worse.

Because 1D clearly are completely talentless tarts.

I'm not saying they're superstar musicians but you can't deny that they can sing. People just get sand in their urethras because they're famous.

We have to keep in mind that it's the first performance since a while, so it's not that weird it was a bit dodgy.
And it was the first performance live of this song which isnt exactly easy re: vocals AND at the Olympics.

I thought it was great! Can you imagine what's it going to be like on tour when they've got a few more performances down? :awesome:

Also, I thought the choir was excellent. It's a shame this is probably the only time we'll see it with the band on stage.

Either that or you're just a cunt in general.

It's even funnier when you're a musician.

Because 1D clearly are completely talentless tarts.

I'm not saying they're superstar musicians but you can't deny that they can sing. People just get sand in their urethras because they're famous.

Exactly. "omg One Direction are soooo bad ugh I hate them"

Fuck off they did nothing wrong with their performance.

There was no 1D performance. A CD did it, not a 1D. See what I did there? Slightly amusing.

I don't know why they put delay on all Queen songs. Bo Rhap intro = delayed / WWRY = delayed. What the fuck were they thinking?

Archived