Top 10 Live Songs

PwoperMuser723

So I know most people have a top 10 songs they love to listen to, but how about your favorite songs to hear performed live? Seeing Muse live in concert is a completely different experience than hearing the album in your room, and hearing a song done live can bring different feelings than hearing it on an album. So, what's your favorite ten songs to hear live? Mine are

1. Bliss

2. Stockholm Syndrome

3. Uprising

4. New Born

5. Knights of Cydonia

6. Psycho

7. Survival

8. Reapers

9. Hysteria

10. Apocalypse Please

Post yours down below!

Edited by PwoperMuser723

From what I've seen (hard to tell others from just pro-shots):

1 - Dark Shines

2 - Hyper Music

3 - Stockholm Syndrome

4 - Agitated

5 - Dead Star

6 - Butterflies & Hurricanes

7 - Unnatural Selection

8 - Citizen Erased

9 - Micro Cuts

10 - Megalomania

Honourable mentions to Fury, Reapers, Psycho, Bliss, Map Of The Problematique, Space Dementia, New Born and Take A Bow.

From the times I've seen them, in no particular order.

City Of Delusion (Wembley 2007, utterly incredible)

Take A Bow (as above)

Dead Star (Earls Court 2004 and Download)

New Born (always amazing, save for The Resistance tour when it sucked)

Muscle Museum

Reapers (Download it was MASSIVE)

Darkshines

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Unnatural Selection (was well RAW at Teignmouth)

Apocalypse Please

Obvs, songs like Plug In Baby, Bliss, Knights Of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome are great live - but we all know that. The above are some of the ones over the years that have really blown my socks off at one time or another.

Knights of Cydonia (Their best live song, unbeatable)

And after that in no particular order

Butterflies & Hurricanes (amazing display of musicianship)

Citizen Erased

Blackout (best slow song, with the synths and the solo at the end)

Supermassive Black Hole

New Born (If Matt plays the piano)

Space Dementia

Ruled By Secrecy

Unnatural Selection

Psycho (The version of Borrowland is simply sick)

Also, in form of setlist:

01. New Born

02. Supermassive Black Hole

03. Psycho

04. Citizen Erased

05. Ruled By Secrecy

06. Space Dementia

07. Unnatural Selection

08. Butterflies & Hurricanes

---

09. Blackout

10. Knights of Cydonia

Absolutely perfect.

Edited by Finn.

from those that I've seen (no order):

CE

Bliss

SS (obviously)

PiB (I'm sorry, but this is perfect every time)

TaB

Psycho (obviously)

MM (obviously)

Futurism (the fucking bomb)

Hysteria (I still like it)

KoC

But I've only been to a few gigs. Songs that are great from what I've seen on yt etc: MC, Handler, Dead Star, B&H, Hyper Music

From the times I've seen them, in no particular order.

City Of Delusion (Wembley 2007, utterly incredible)

:(

Fuck sake, Muse, bring it back (preferably at a gig I'll be going to).

I saw them at download festival, Pyscho should be in every top 10, what an amazing opener! AYE SIR :D

It's good, it just goes on for a bit long and gets a bit repetitive. Same problems as the studio version really.

what did he say?

Something like it was originally really short, around 2 minutes, but Mutt told them to make it longer and repeat some parts.

I'm editing together my own version now. Currently got it down to 4:23 by cutting out the third chorus. I'd be interested in putting together a 2 minute version but I've no idea what else to cut out.

Edit: Nevermind, got it down to 3:21. Pretty decent actually.

Edited by Jobby

out of ones i've seen (sadly setlists weren't great both times i saw them)

Bliss

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Stockholm Syndrome

New Born

Knights of Cydonia

Unnatural Selection (was a beast on t2l tour)

Survival

Uprising (was fun)

United States of Eurasia (hate it on the record so it was pleasantly surprising how good it was live)

Panic Station (was fun)

This list makes me realise how shit the sets we get in sydney are :LOL: gonna have to try get to a uk show this tour

Really can't wait to see Psycho, Reapers and The Handler live and hope one day i'll finally get Map of the Problematique - Dead Star or Fury would be nice too!

Something like it was originally really short, around 2 minutes, but Mutt told them to make it longer and repeat some parts.

I'm editing together my own version now. Currently got it down to 4:23 by cutting out the third chorus. I'd be interested in putting together a 2 minute version but I've no idea what else to cut out.

Edit: Nevermind, got it down to 3:21. Pretty decent actually.

How did you cut it down? I've got a couple of edits that are under 3 minutes but both of them sound a bit abrupt; the best I've come up with so far is a 4:08 edit which keeps the verses and the final chorus, but gets rid of various repetitions and the breakdown in the middle

And on topic:

CE

Psycho

Bliss

Stockholm Syndrome

New Born

Survival

MM

KoC

Reapers

Futurism

The lack of City of Delusion here demonstrates a lacking number of fans that attended BH&R-era gigs

City of Delusion

Stockholm Syndrome

Survival

Assassin (extended)

Knights of Cydonia even if it is getting a bit old

The Small Print

B&H

Sign o the Times (incredible in Los Angeles, my favorite "rarity" of the entire tour)

Muscle Museum

United States of Eurasia/Reapers

Save Me was pretty good too

Reapers belongs up there but I didn't want to take anything away

How did you cut it down? I've got a couple of edits that are under 3 minutes but both of them sound a bit abrupt; the best I've come up with so far is a 4:08 edit which keeps the verses and the final chorus, but gets rid of various repetitions and the breakdown in the middle

I've got 2 different edits atm. The 3:21 version is just Intro > Verse > Chorus > Verse > Chorus > End, it does feel a bit abrupt but it makes for a short, fun Groove-type tune. The 4:23 version just cuts the breakdown + third chorus (2:56 - 3:50) and makes the song feel less long-winded and repetitive. I like both of them for different reasons, might work on one or two more edits of it yet though.

From the gigs I've attended, and in no particular order:

Assassin

Stockholm Syndrome

Reapers

Bliss

Space Dementia (that outtro at Reading 2011..the best thing I've seen them do live, holy fuck)

Plug in Baby

MK Ultra

New Born

KoC

Invincible (great intro and solo)

From what I have seen live (and remembered...so Resistance tour onward) here are my favorites...

Exogenesis Part 1 (the TR tour towers really put this one at the top)

Map of the Problematique (always awesome)

Supermassive Black Hole (I just think this always sounds fantastic live)

Hysteria (all time favorite Muse song)

Agitated (first part set closer during T2L tour was so so badass)

Resistance (another one that just sounds so epic live imo)

Ruled By Secrecy (Whole crowd got silent during this and turned an arena show into an intimate performance...goosebumps)

Songs I want to hear the most that I haven't (that I remember...saw them during the Black Holes tour but I was such a casual fan I didn't absorb most of it...and I hate myself for that)...

All of the Drones songs (just waiting for the US tour)

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Showbiz

Big Freeze (yeah that's right)

Shrinking Universe

The Small Print

Space Dementia

Bliss

Micro Cuts

Dark Shines

Psycho - I just wish it was slightly shorter.

Reapers - like the live version much more than the one on the record.

Bliss - those arpeggios at the beginning are beautiful

Blackout - I would nominate Blackout as the most beautiful sad song ever written...

Fury - a beast live. And again the song gains so much when played live. That reverb in the verses. Fury is so cryptical.

Butterflies and Hurricanes - the song is the quintessence of Matt's musical talent.

Invincible - my favorite live version of this song was played at Wembley. Those intro and solo are hypnotising...

Muscle Museum - I don't know why but I see some connection between Muscle Museum and Fury. I think that Fury could go very well right after Muscle Museum.

Map of the Problematique

City of Delusion - epic as hell.. Miss it very much.

And I'll never stop complaining that Glorious and Hyper Chondriac Music are not played live. I still have a speck of hope though...

1. Fury (RAH, 2008) - It created a WTF moment. Seeing this live brought my love for the song in all honesty and the way its played....mind boggling.

2. Micro Cuts (Download, 2015) - It shows off every element of what Matt can do. Incredible live.

3. CE (Download, 2015) - One of their top songs and live its just something very special.

4. Sunburn (LG Arena, T2L arena tour) - Just amazing live. Can't say more.

5.Megalomania (RAH, 2008) - from seeing matts pure glee as he ran up the stairs in RAH to that organ being blared and the crowd losing their minds. Amazing

6. Psycho (Download, 2015) - Most fun opening to any gig, ever. Madness in it's rawest form.

7.Dead Star (Download, 2015) - despite a waning "we want OoS and abso only" crowd, this was amazing to finally hear live.

8. The Handler (Download, 2015) - been to 4 muse gigs and this was my first live debut. Amazing live.

9. B&H (Emirates stadium, T2L stadium tour) - One of my fave muse songs and one that's helped me through a lot via it's cheesy inspirational lyrics. Really enjoyed this live.

10. Knights of Cydonia - I can't pick one performance of this. It's always on point. It's always amazing. The crowd go mental for it. It sends everyone away happy every time. I remember walking away from the LG Arena after Survival played us out, feeling like even though it got played earlier, i got robbed of KoC. It's the perfect muse closing song.