I wouldn't mind survival making a return

I'm not sure Matt would sing it very well, but it's one of the very few T2L songs that would fit well with the rest of Drones and Muse's current moment, considering what we've seen from the album.

Supremacy on the other hand might as well be gone. I think it only becomes good after the guitar solo, and even then the ending is anti-climatic...

inb4 the next time we see Supremacy live will be in 10 years time at Zepp.

Imagine in 10 years you see Muse announce a gig at Zepp and you realise you need to go because after last time you can't afford to miss a setlist like that. So you scrape together all your pennies and travel over there to see them, then the only rarity you get is Supremacy. What a vile thought.

From the looks of things the band are trying to forget T2L ever existed I can't see Animals or Madness surviving the rest of this tour and I don't think any of the other songs will even get a single play

I think I liked UD live better than Madness. But only with the keytar. And the Madness glasses distracted and annoyed me.

UD live was dull from the beginning to the end (although I like the studio version very much...). The best live version imo was the BBC one with the orchestra, and that probably still wouldn't be very exciting if you were standing in a pit for hours.

Madness on the other hand has the guitar solo and the 2nd part which is pretty energetic.

But Muse can do so much better live than both.

I couldn't judge Madness live fairly with the glasses, and the "fucking" jammed into it.

Haha he's not as bad as James Hetfield, who will randomly replace words with "fuck" for no apparent reason. "I'll fuck you in, all within, keep you free from sin, till the sandman comes..."

It's not like there's a shortage of rock songs to play in the meantime. Bring out Hyper Music, Assassin, Dead Star...hell even Uno.

Well they played Bliss, New Born and Apocalypse Please which I think is pretty good. I see what you're saying though. Since the Drones songs released so far are more poppy, it would've been better for them to replace Starlight and Madness with Mercy and Dead Inside, so there'd be room for heavier songs.

Even if some of them are pop singles, they are still all pretty much rock songs so I don't see the problem. Plus there are definitely plenty of heavy songs still

They're going to be at Download surrounded by bands like Metallica and Slipknot among others. That kind of shit won't fly with metalheads, the only things that will fly are beer cups and shoes

To be honest I doubt Muse are going to be as stupid at Download as everyone assumes. They know which festival they're playing, they know the sort of reaction stuff like Madness is likely to get.

Well yeah they've said they'll play heavier stuff there for sure. I just don't see why they don't do it as a general rule of thumb. Their catalogue has more heavy songs than not I'd say.

I also think that if Unsustainable were to return it would be a great way to segue into Reapers. But until the band is okay with more "electronics" or backing tracks it won't come back.