Exactly. There's so much more to the gig than just the set list. It's little things that you remember - I was at the Leeds Festival gig when they set the stage on fire, and even if the hadn't just played all of Origin of Symmetry, that's still something I'll relish telling my hypothetical kids. I've seen Pete Townshend call Roger Daltrey a cunt on stage at Leeds Refectory, I saw Eugene Hutz accidentally throw red wine into someone's eyes and I've seen Chris and Dom inexplicably joined by a bagpiper on stage. I remember those special moments much more than any feelings about the setlists.

At lot of times the songs that make a "good" setlist are songs that are considered to be exceptional live. The first time excitement only happens once, and a good number of people here have been to multiple concerts.

Sometimes though, even without the first time excitement you can get more excited, for example the surprise factor and/or the rest of the setlist are also factors you should count in. For example at Leeds and Reading I got to hear Bliss which I'd longed for since forever, but knowing that I'd get to hear it along with songs I've wanted to hear even more, I kinda forgot about it. When I saw it for the third time, about a year later, I got way more excited because it came totally unexpected and not knowing what else I'd might/might not hear.

That still brings back to the point of variation which these sets have also been lacking.

And it is very strange they haven't brought in new songs. Handler might be being saved but Defector was officially released, and the entire album is already out. They're playing a lot of festivals so it's not like last tour where they saved stuff for the arenas.

I just got back from the gig: the band was good, but the crowd was the worst I've ever seen. So not into it. And Resistance is the song that got them the most excited.. so I guess the band knows what the crowds in Switzerland are like (that is, really boring).

I'm really hoping the encore will change. It is pretty weak. Starting off with Uprising does not seem to work for me (I never liked it as am opener during the previous tour). Hopefully they can switch it up a bit. Maybe The Handler can be the new encore opener once it is officially debuted live.