Taking our money and giving the bare minimum?

Less than bare minimum really. The absolute bare minimum should be 18 songs at least at this point (well, really it should be about 20 but, y'know, Muse).

Maybe I sound like I'm overreacting but I genuinely don't understand how they can justify this. It's times like this I wish the band paid attention to or communicated with the fans at least a little bit.

I was hoping to hear CE or AP and we didn't even get FG or USoE. Only two drones survived to the end of the show. Most of them mysteriously came crashing down during SMBH. And the Dil-drone wouldn't fly. The crowd was most responsive to SMBH, KoC and the Resistance songs.

Bit of a clusterfuck all in all.

Less than bare minimum really. The absolute bare minimum should be 18 songs at least at this point (well, really it should be about 20 but, y'know, Muse).

Maybe I sound like I'm overreacting but I genuinely don't understand how they can justify this. It's times like this I wish the band paid attention to or communicated with the fans at least a little bit.

Sarcastic comments and the "we'll play it in Europe" claims have made it pretty clear it's not just miscommunication.

Sarcastic comments and the "we'll play it in Europe" claims have made it pretty clear it's not just miscommunication.

True, I guess I just wanna hear what the band themselves have to say about it and how they justify it.

I know people have complained about Muse sets since forever but this really is a new low imo, everything into consideration.

Well, considering the drones didn't work for the entire thing, and even the dildrone malfunctioned, it's not completely out of line to think maybe the damn piano malfunctioned and they weren't prepared for it.

It's still tragic for the people paying to see it.

Even then though, why not just play an extra guitar song like Stockholm or PIB to make up for it? Maybe they just don't think the US crowds are worth the effort.

True, I guess I just wanna hear what the band themselves have to say about it and how they justify it.

I know people have complained about Muse sets since forever but this really is a new low imo, everything into consideration.

Even then though, why not just play an extra guitar song like Stockholm or PIB to make up for it? Maybe they just don't think the US crowds are worth the effort.

What other possible justification could there be for cramming in a pathetic amount of US dates in at the last possible minute like they did?

They were dead set on using the US as a paid rehearsal for their malfunctioning shit.

Why would they care about us, considering that?

I'm just so, so depressed by all this.

I'm just getting annoyed because I would be willing to make the argument that America's hardcore fans are way crazier than Europe's when it comes to following this band throughout their tour here versus there.

We lack decent transit options, our lodging is more expensive, the gigs are further apart and there's less of them. Right now you can get from London (5 dates there) to Milan (6 dates there) for $35 round trip and generally speaking, there is less travel involved per gig if you're in a country that has local shows, if not, you can get a flight for less than $300 from St Petersburg to Paris, Stockholm to London is less than a hundred. I pay $100 in gasoline trying to get to a single show. It sucks, and the worst thing about it is, the Americans get blamed for the sets/crowds.

One more thing, we get fucked over in vacation/pay so even if you're only doing a single show, it's more difficult to do that single show for the average person.

It's Detroit so they probably just wanted to leave quickly.

Fuck off :LOL: no, but seriously.

I didn't even notice the missing piano song until about Undisclosed, and the gig felt long enough as it was. And finding out it was intended to be Eurasia... No loss there. I did think there was an issue with the piano, but Matt did have it for the globalist, so...

A couple drone malfunctions, one smashed into the stage and needed to be carried away. Another hit the crowd.

The dildrone was fucked. It came out immediately looking like an angry giant wobbly black dick. The side missiles either fell or got pulled off and drifted up to the ceiling of the arena. Have fun getting those back.

Honest thoughts: te globalist is boring as fuck live with the exception of the heavy part. Drones does NOT need to be "played" twice. There is a comical, excessive amount of drones confetti being used for the climax of the show.

Honest thoughts: te globalist is boring as fuck live with the exception of the heavy part. Drones does NOT need to be "played" twice. There is a comical, excessive amount of drones confetti being used for the climax of the show.

I agree with all but the last part -- the confetti is awesome! :phu: And drones being played twice is a bit boring.

The complaints about the gigs being too short are valid. If Matt's form is the issue, they could easily wink at the hardcore fans by playing Forced In, Minimum, Agitated (without too much screaming), Screenager, Endlessly or even Animals that's easy to sing. That would make it decent in terms of lenght. Now if they simply added Citizen Erased or MK Ultra (half a step down), that would change everything.

Also, if Chris could be arsed to sing Liquid State, that would make the gig longer, provide a nice rest for Matt, and add an heavy song to sets people here find too poppy.

Honest thoughts: te globalist is boring as fuck live with the exception of the heavy part.

Yep. Feels like such a waste given how short the set is overall, and the use of curtains obscuring any views during the slow parts really don't help. Probably their weakest main set closer in a long time.

Expected The Globalist to be boring live tbh, visuals look cool but the majority of the song just seems uninteresting.

Also, if Chris could be arsed to sing Liquid State, that would make the gig longer, provide a nice rest for Matt, and add an heavy song to sets people here find too poppy.

I don't think it's a case of Chris being arsed to play his songs tbf, iirc they stopped playing them because he felt uncomfortable and realised it really wasn't his thing. Plus, Liquid State never was particularly heavy live imo.

Yep. Feels like such a waste given how short the set is overall, and the use of curtains obscuring any views during the slow parts really don't help. Probably their weakest main set closer in a long time.

Do you mean the dark part at the beginning? I do like how they use the band's shadows on the curtains.