2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

Managed (somehow, I honestly have NO IDEA) to score a ticket at the presale, but sadly have no one to go with. Debating whether it's even worth it to fly down and go by myself :(

Commit to it no matter what! This is the opportunity of a lifetime!

Managed (somehow, I honestly have NO IDEA) to score a ticket at the presale, but sadly have no one to go with. Debating whether it's even worth it to fly down and go by myself :(

You should go. People are going crazy over these tickets! If anything me and my friend will keep you company :)

You should go. People are going crazy over these tickets! If anything me and my friend will keep you company :)

That honestly would make me feel better - I'm... uh... well, shy, to put it lightly, and never thought I'd actually be seeing Muse by myself. I'll have to travel pretty extensively to get to the show, which has roused much of the anxiety I have.

That honestly would make me feel better - I'm... uh... well, shy, to put it lightly, and never thought I'd actually be seeing Muse by myself. I'll have to travel pretty extensively to get to the show, which has roused much of the anxiety I have.

Ahh I see, well I understand the part about being anxious to travel by yourself, but I don't see you looking back and regretting it. It's an adventure... as cheesy as that sounds :p

You probably would regret not going though, since muse hardly ever plays at small shows, and since apparently hardly anyone could get tickets on here, yet you were lucky enough to get one :dance:

Where are you coming from?

Ahh I see, well I understand the part about being anxious to travel by yourself, but I don't see you looking back and regretting it. It's an adventure... as cheesy as that sounds :p

You probably would regret not going though, since muse hardly ever plays at small shows, and since apparently hardly anyone could get tickets on here, yet you were lucky enough to get one :dance:

Where are you coming from?

This is indeed true. Fairly certain the luckiest I've ever been in my life, haha. & OR, but nowhere near a convenient airport. Which wasn't a big deal for L.A. Rising, but things are considerably different this time around.

This is indeed true. Fairly certain the luckiest I've ever been in my life, haha. & OR, but nowhere near a convenient airport. Which wasn't a big deal for L.A. Rising, but things are considerably different this time around.

Hmm tricky. Well if it helps at all I can give you a ride to wherever you need to go after the concert, like a hotel or an airport or something :D

Both times I saw Muse I went alone. First time I was a 16 year old high schooler who had my parents drop me off, second time I waited all day for barrier. I was a bit nervous going alone, but I met really friendly Musers and it was an awesome time. I don't know much about travel anxiety, but I think you'll enjoy going in the long run.

Hey I'm coming from Oregon too! Will be flying down and everything! Hope to see you there!

Does anybody know what time I should get to the Mayan if I want barrier?

Travelling alone the first time is scary, but seriously you should do it, it isn't as bad as you think. The best part is you go can by the beat of your own drum all the time.

This show is a rare opportunity, especially since LA tickets were a joke. Make contact with a few fellow musers and have a blast!

I met a girl in NYC when I had won the SiriusXM Ping Pong competition (I'm from Canada). She ended up travelling to pittsburgh on a seperate road trip, and we still keep in contact, going to the NYC gig with her too.

Musers are an awesome community, don't let the fact you are going alone stop you from this opportunity!

I get travel anxiety every time I go somewhere, even if I'm not alone. Don't let it make your decision for you.

I've driven 20+ hours to gigs and non-music events dozens and dozens of times in my 20s, by myself, and often didn't even meet up with people there (although, tbf, sometimes I was working) and I've had great times.

Just do some pre-planning and research, don't leave figuring out how you're going to get to the venue to chance, for example, keep yourself safe, and it's great.

Actually, the way people are scalping tickets to these gigs is quite simple, and bypasses the ID problem.

When someone told me how it worked, I actually felt like an idiot for having had to ask him and not realizing it myself.

I'm a bit surprised StubHub took them down, tbh, and a bit mad because I was about to get a reasonably priced LA ticket when they did (if you count $700 as reasonable.).

Muse's site specifically states

"There is a strict two ticket limit. Fans are required to present the credit card & photo ID used for the transaction at the venue’s Box Office for immediate entry to the show. Name changes on orders are not permitted."

So yeah, you can certainly sell one extra ticket to these shows, but the person who buys it has to physically meet the seller there and then enter the theatre with them. There's no way Stubhub wants to be liable for any of the plethora of things that could potentially go wrong with that situation. eBay and Craigslist probably don't give a shit, though.

I'd just be extremely wary of buying any supposed tickets in advance to this show, certainly if it's a pair of tickets. I don't see how anyone can legitimately get away with selling a pair. I hope some of the more local fans can show up on the night and find someone generous enough who somehow has an extra, but that's a crapshoot. It doesn't entirely compare, but I did have an extra ticket for A Perfect Circle when they did a club tour in 2003-ish? And was able to get somebody in off the street for a very fair price. I try to help out. I like to think there's others out there in situations like this.

I get travel anxiety every time I go somewhere, even if I'm not alone. Don't let it make your decision for you.

I've driven 20+ hours to gigs and non-music events dozens and dozens of times in my 20s, by myself, and often didn't even meet up with people there (although, tbf, sometimes I was working) and I've had great times.

Just do some pre-planning and research, don't leave figuring out how you're going to get to the venue to chance, for example, keep yourself safe, and it's great.

Well, goodness. Y'all are so supportive and encouraging! :D I think I might just take the plunge and start shopping for plane tickets when I get home this evening, then. I suppose I could always get a taxi back from the venue afterwards (The usual young and female curse. I've been harassed walking home from a show at night before and would rather not repeat that experience...).

I'm curious about how early to queue for barrier, as well - apparently The Mayan's office hours open at 10am, so maybe start queuing at nine? Suppose there's no way out of socializing with others, then... >.>

So does anyone think Muse will be playing Weenie roast? It's May 16. Seems coincidental. I hate Weenie roast though....

I would almost guarantee it. Too bad KROQ holds all the pit and loge seats for their BS contests... At least it'll likely be webcast.

I would almost guarantee it. Too bad KROQ holds all the pit and loge seats for their BS contests... At least it'll likely be webcast.

Or Modest Mouse, their new album is so good :D wouldn't mind seeing them.

Edit: Damn it's March 16th, was making plans to go but realized I'm going to see Lana Del Rey that day :(

Edited by MuseGal

Well the KROQ/Guitar Center giveaway was a bust. My daughter AND husband went all 3 days, and didn't win :'( I guess to cope with the disappointment, my daughter just sent me video messages of her head-banging to Hyper Music :LOL: