Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

Idk if this has been brought up but something weird.

How in the fuck does Matt's mic cut out at every single show during the "eaeaeaeaeaea" bit after the second and last chorus? There are some gigs where he fully avoids it but I've found three separate shows now where he actually does it and the mic cuts out every time. How in the fuck is that possible????

After the second time I'm purposefully looking for live gigs everytime a show happens to see if his mic will cut out again.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

Idk if this has been brought up but something weird.

How in the fuck does Matt's mic cut out at every single show during the "eaeaeaeaeaea" bit after the second and last chorus? There are some gigs where he full on doesn't do it but I've found three separate shows where he actually does it and the mic cuts out every time. How in the fuck is that possible????

After the second time I'm purposefully looking for live gigs everytime a show happens to see if his mic will cut out again.

Because he wants to try and do it live without the audience hearing if he fucks up?

is it that hard though? I mean I'm no music expert but when I'm singing along to the handler it just doesn't seem that challenging to me.

(I'm not singing in front of 10k people while playing guitar ofc, so I wouldn't know :LOL: )

Because he wants to try and do it live without the audience hearing if he fucks up?

That doesn't make sense... so he tries it and then they cut the mic half way through? How would they know whether he is about to fuck it up especially when he continues to do it into a dead mic.

That doesn't make sense... so he tries it and then they cut the mic half way through? How would they know whether he is about to fuck it up especially when he continues to do it into a dead mic.
Just because the audience can't hear him, that doesn't mean he himsel can't :erm: I never said they cut it off when they think he's about to fuck it up.

Just because the audience can't hear him, that doesn't mean he himsel can't :erm: I never said they cut it off when they think he's about to fuck it up.

Then your answer makes even less sense to what I asked? lol.

What I asked is how has the mic cut out during the same two parts of a song 3 shows in a row?

You said so he can tell if he has fucked up or not without them hearing it? Name a time where Matt has ever done something like that. This is why bands have rehearsals. If something is too difficult they don't do it (like Unsustainable's vocals) not do it with the mic off so no one can hear him "practice"

Then your answer makes even less sense to what I asked? lol.

What I asked is how has the mic cut out during the same two parts of a song 3 shows in a row?

You said so he can tell if he has fucked up or not without them hearing it? Name a time where Matt has ever done something like that. This is why bands have rehearsals. If something is too difficult they don't do it (like Unsustainable's vocals) not do it with the mic off so no one can hear him "practice"

No it doesn't.

Yes? It's a perfectly reasonable reply. And that they haven't done it before doesn't really mean much, because they haven't really had that many parts that have been difficult to play and sing at the same time. One example is MK Ultra, and there he just avoided playing, iirc.

Cutting the mic means he'll get to practice in an actual live setting, which is totally different from rehearsals.

No it doesn't.

Yes? It's a perfectly reasonable reply. And that they haven't done it before doesn't really mean much, because they haven't really had that many parts that have been difficult to play and sing at the same time. One example is MK Ultra, and there he just avoided playing, iirc.

Cutting the mic means he'll get to practice in an actual live setting, which is totally different from rehearsals.

Last bit is a good point. And I'll agree this is a possible explanation better than I'd thought of but not 100% convinced that is what they're doing. In some instances, it cuts mid way and comes back for the end and others he does it for a bit then it cuts fully. If they intended it everytime I'm sure Morgan or one of the sound guys would cut it entirely as soon as it started. The guys that control his guitar effects are spot on every show to the second. No reason the person controlling his vocal mic couldn't be as accurate.

Is there really another reason to why the vocals would cut off in exactly the same place for several gigs in a row? I mean obviousy they mean to cut them off, and that could really only mean that he doesn't wanna fuck up in front of everyone, and that he even does it should then mean that he does it for a purpose, ie practicing.

Lots of assumptions, but I can't think of any other reasons.

His mic is probably noise gated. Basically means that the mic cuts off and/or softens when the volume going into it falls below a certain level.

Why would he need to practice playing a simple riff while mumbling a simple wordless melody? Makes no sense.

His mic is probably noise gated. Basically means that the mic cuts off and/or softens when the volume going into it falls below a certain level.

Why would he need to practice playing a simple riff while mumbling a simple wordless melody? Makes no sense.

Because the timings of the guitar riff and vocal melody conflict each other. It's actually pretty tricky to do both simultaneously, even though easy when done apart.

So how come it doesn't do that anywhere else when it's obviously not the most quiet of his live vocals?