Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

Finally giving the album a solid listen all the way through right now. Got it in the mail today! This song is a beast! I like it so much more than any of the other songs on the album. So at least I know they're capable of greatness.

I really don't understand the love for this song, Apart from the main riff, the rest of it is quite dour. I have tried to like it, but the lyrics are uninteresting and the solo is quite repetitive and hardly a stretch for any guitarist. I rate this as a 4.5 /10.

I really don't understand the love for this song, Apart from the main riff, the rest of it is quite dour. I have tried to like it, but the lyrics are uninteresting and the solo is quite repetitive and hardly a stretch for any guitarist. I rate this as a 4.5 /10.

:noey:

Pardon my French... but where the **** did this song come from!

I can't only be me that thinks this is the best song Matt has written since Absolution? I could spend ages listing everything which is so right about this song but I'll highlight the vocals which are just superb... Just shows they still have it in them.

The fact this probably won't be released as a single makes me sad however.

Edited by willnz93

I'm totally addicted to the bridge! The tense instrumental with the dramatic vocals. It's definitely one of the highlights of the record. I think in contrast with all the popier stuff it's even stronger than it would be in an album full of stuff like that. So, so great.

It's a shame it suffers from the on-the-face lyrics as the rest of Drones.

the first verse,

"And my heart has become a cold and impassive machine"

"I won't let you control my feelings any more

I will no longer do as I am told"

are amateur songwriting compared to the rest of the song, honestly.

Hopefully I'll get over it as I did with Dead Inside :LOL:

The instrumentals are awesome, regardless.

the first verse,

"And my heart has become a cold and impassive machine"

I love that part, especially the way the drumming syncs with the vocals for a few seconds.

"I won't let you control my feelings any more

I will no longer do as I am told"

It's a direct reference to Showbiz lyrics, and sounds awesome.

Easily the best track on the album and probably the best song from the last 3 albums. I do love Uprising and Survival but just can't take either of them seriously, Handler I can. Can't stop listening to it, lovely beefy bass, great vocals. Pants lyrics as ever but no surprises there.