Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

My god, this sounds beast live. Please, keep it a regular, damn you Muse. I don't understand it - they went back to their heavier sound and they are still refraining from it at concerts.

They should play sets like Download every concert, with quite a lot of heavy songs but also enough hits to keep the casuals happy

Edited by LewisF

It's early, but this might be my new favorite Muse song. Last chorus gives me goosebumps every time. The way he delivered it at Download...man.

I won't let you control my feelings anymore

And I will no longer do as I am told

And I am no longer afraid to walk alone

Let me go

Let me be

I'm escaping from your grip

You will never own me again

:supersad:

I still adore The Handler, when Matt goes "let me goooo, let me beeee, I'm escaping from your grip" it's so haunting it nearly brings me to tears, but I'm also like hell yeah go Matt :matt: I don't think I've had this much feels since listening to Citizen Erased/Dead Star.

Anyone got any good tips for playing the solo on this? I seem to be really shit at it, the pattern (from looking on Songsterr) also seems to be really confusing. Is the effect a low pass filter (which I guess can be replaced by a wah)?

Anyone got any good tips for playing the solo on this? I seem to be really shit at it, the pattern (from looking on Songsterr) also seems to be really confusing. Is the effect a low pass filter (which I guess can be replaced by a wah)?

I've managed to play the bridge pattern - which structure replicates the D minor scale, with slight variations in some grades along the way towards the "Showbiz-like" section - only with my left medium finger and the right thumb and main finger blocking the strings at the sides, and with no effects besides the usual distortion, but it's quite difficult that way.

I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to effects and whatnot but it sounds like a phaser or two to me, I don't have one though so I just play it straight. Pattern's pretty simple, tabs looked confusing so I tried working it out naturally and got it pretty much straight away, it's a lot easier than it looks.

If you're tapping and the sound gets muddied by other strings, try using your other hand/finger to mute the ones around the D. You can try picking as opposed to tapping as well if your fingers aren't strong enough, I do it sometimes but it sounds a bit too 'sharp' imo.

Doesn't sound great when I do it either though, mainly 'cause I'm quite a sloppy player and that doesn't really suit parts like this :chuckle:

Still in love with this one. I have it on repeat too often. Listen to it on the way to work and the way back and again then again when I get in the house, its just bloody addictive. The solo is too long as has been said but Ive gotten used to it now.