Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Because it's not supposed to be made public. There was to be no recording at that gig. Cell phones were not meant to be let in. So in my mind, this is different than a regular gig.

Oh no how naughty of them!

I woke up this morning and went to the gym humming "Merrrrcyyy, ,give me merrcccyy" I think I like it now. But if we have another Dead Inside or Mercy, though I love the former especially, i'd be pissed. Muse reached the quota IMO.

I woke up this morning and went to the gym humming "Merrrrcyyy, ,give me merrcccyy" I think I like it now. But if we have another Dead Inside or Mercy, though I love the former especially, i'd be pissed. Muse reached the quota IMO.

Not sure what you mean by that quota, but I'd like to remind you we've still got Aftermath to go yet, I'm guessing that might verge on Neutron Star Collision territory, but here's hoping they make it interesting

Not sure what you mean by that quota, but I'd like to remind you we've still got Aftermath to go yet, I'm guessing that might verge on Neutron Star Collision territory, but here's hoping they make it interesting

Quota for radio pop songs for my personal tastes.

He said it's a love song, but Bliss, Endlessly, SMBH, and Glorious are all love songs too. I don't care what the content is about as long as it's sonically good.

Considering all the songs we've heard so far are supposed to be the 'dark' parts of the album, I can't imagine what songs like Aftermath are gonna sound like.

I actually like it from the first listen from a shitty audio recording. Dunno if that's a good sign though since I tend to get tired of those songs first.

Anyway that aside, what's going on during the last chorus? Matt's chest-voice vocals are playback, while he's humming some falsetto along with it?

Pretty daring making a song consisting of countless G4's throughout the song when he struggled to do one single sustained one on Resistance five years ago :)

Edited by Ryoma-kun

He said it's a love song, but Bliss, Endlessly, SMBH, and Glorious are all love songs too. I don't care what the content is about as long as it's sonically good.

I would put money on it being more like Guiding Light than Endlessly, but obviously I'm just guessing

Considering all the songs we've heard so far are supposed to be the 'dark' parts of the album, I can't imagine what songs like Aftermath are gonna sound like.

They'll have positive lyrics but sound really dark and depressing, because Matt logic.

I think three of those aren't really love songs, though.

And it's been said so many times I don't know why people are just willfully ignoring it - he didn't have to mean heavy when he said dark. Probably meant emotionally dark... As evidenced by DI which is lyrically dark as hell, but poppy sounding.