Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I thought it was Chris doing backing vocals.

If you listen carefully, there's definitely some playback of Matt's vocals at the end when while he's singing in falsetto. Pretty sure that's the only case in the song though.

If you listen carefully, there's definitely some playback of Matt's vocals at the end when while he's singing in falsetto. Pretty sure that's the only case in the song though.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure about that as well. It better be a one-off thing because vocal playback isn't cool at all and as far as I can remember, they haven't done that for a long time for such a show.

Be careful, my SoundCloud account got deleted a few hours ago

with all of my tracks because I recreated the first minute in Logic.

Really? Maybe I'll make the title and artwork more discreet then...thanks for the heads up, I'd hate to lose my account. Sorry that happened to you, that's rough

edit: I deleted it just to be safe. If anyone wants a copy I can send you a link, but I think I'm gonna keep it off my Soundcloud – the album will be out soon enough anyways

Edited by HomesickSubterranean

Really? Maybe I'll make the title and artwork more discreet then...thanks for the heads up, I'd hate to lose my account. Sorry that happened to you, that's rough

edit: I deleted it just to be safe. If anyone wants a copy I can send you a link, but I think I'm gonna keep it off my Soundcloud – the album will be out soon enough anyways

So that's why I couldn't download it no matter what. :D Great job, man, could you PM me the link? appreciate it.

Finally managed to listen to it. Some of the negative comments had me a little worried but wow... it's beautiful. :)

I'm actually starting to wonder if there's going to be a single track on this album that I don't fall in love with.

Finally managed to listen to it. Some of the negative comments had me a little worried but wow... it's beautiful. :)

I'm actually starting to wonder if there's going to be a single track on this album that I don't fall in love with.

I know, right? It's very promising. There are four songs on The 2nd Law that I can listen to many times and enjoy from the entire album, so all this album needs is one more track that I can listen to regularly and really enjoy. All of Muse's first five albums are absolutely amazing. I loved The 2nd Law, but it doesn't compare for me. So far, this seems to be a return for Muse in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure about that as well. It better be a one-off thing because vocal playback isn't cool at all and as far as I can remember, they haven't done that for a long time for such a show.

Why is it not cool? The playback is a vocal harmony. It's not like there are a lot of songs that have a million Matts going off. I'd prefer to actually have a supporting track of just the vocals for certain songs to add the extra oomph because Chris can only provide so much. Assassin is a good example of this, Soldier's Poem, etc. I only have a problem with playback when it's an essential part of a song.

Additionally, if we can't talk about the leak of a song after we've heard it, then we can't really use this thread. Think about it; people who have listened will know what it sounds like. We can't act like we haven't heard it, and discussing the entire song would be discussing the leak, so we can't say anything in this thread until the album is out. So I think discussing the leak should be allowed, just not posting a link to it.

Or you can just say you were at the gig and talk about the song in the past tense. ;)