Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Okay.

To begin with, my expectations of the song were not high. I somehow knew it would be a poppier one, because it was announced to be a love song earlier. What's more, I'm not a huge fan of major key songs generally, and major key Muse songs are no exception.

Someone here says it has a powerful bassline - well, compared to killer basslines like that of Futurism it's meh. Someone says it's catchy - well, to me it's not. I've listened to Reapers countless times already, and I doubt the same will happen to me with Mercy.

On a positive side, the arpeggiated synths are very Bliss/Starlight/NSC-like, which is good. Wrapped in good production, Mercy can actually work. As of now, for me, it doesn't. But I didn't expect it to, so I'm not disappointed.

Just awful. Muse are a horrible hack band now, worse than linkin park. Please retire and go spend your millions quietly somewhere and stop embarrassing yourselves.

Linkin Park pop songs are quality, even better than some stuff from Hybrid Theory or Meteora. And yeah Muse should stop trying, even though i like Madness or Dead Inside, but that is just 2 of 10.

Edited by White Heat