Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Who cares?

Yeah, same can be said about album leaks. Sharing of things is an inevitability, it's only a bad idea to directly post the link.

Rules of the board. Feel free to share it outside of here, just don't do it here. If we were being strict with this, discussion of the song wouldn't even be allowed at this point:

Piracy, copyright violations, or any other illegal transactions may not be linked on the board. Links to commercially available music and materials are also deemed as illegal. Posting links to or otherwise making available upcoming ("leaked") releases will result in an immediate temporary ban. Discussion of leaked material intended for official release is forbidden until that materially has been officially released.

Rules of the board. Feel free to share it outside of here, just don't do it here. If we were being strict with this, discussion of the song wouldn't even be allowed at this point:

Not to undermine you guys, but doesn't discussion of leaked albums/material when leaked explode across the board anyways? Also a bootleg from a gig doesn't necessarily strike me as "leaked" material either :$

Not to undermine you guys, but doesn't discussion of leaked albums/material when leaked explode across the board anyways? Also a bootleg from a gig doesn't necessarily strike me as "leaked" material either :$

That's because we're not strict about it. We could (maybe should) lock the threads and do more temp bans to stop discussion, but we don't. The only thing we ask is do not post links. That's it. And the bootleg from a regular public show is fine, but it's different with this one because it was a private gig with restrictions.

Leaked material would actually promote the band. People hear about it, creating a better release for Drones. A few songs seeping out will give Muse more attention before the album is released in a big bang.

Convince management and maybe they'll change the rule. ;)

Convince management and maybe they'll change the rule. ;)

Just discussing it will give the song attention. People could stumble onto this thread or something. I don't know. But posting it would be pointless because everyone here are Muse fans. I don't know, I just feel like spreading the word and giving threads like this boosts of attention helps Muse.

Guys, I'm pretty sure the mods are just following the mission of Muse management. Complaining to the mods isn't going to do a thing.

Edit: Mission? Why did I say that? I think I meant "direction"

Edited by Tesseract

I think it counts as leaked when the band specifically tried to stop people from taking phones into the venue for this exact reason

I think it counts as leaked when the band specifically tried to stop people from taking phones into the venue for this exact reason

All for that 1 elusive new song rather than the broadcasting of the entire album, as per false advertisement lol. Stingy stingy stingy :rolleyes:

Additionally, if we can't talk about the leak of a song after we've heard it, then we can't really use this thread. Think about it; people who have listened will know what it sounds like. We can't act like we haven't heard it, and discussing the entire song would be discussing the leak, so we can't say anything in this thread until the album is out. So I think discussing the leak should be allowed, just not posting a link to it.

Additionally, if we can't talk about the leak of a song after we've heard it, then we can't really use this thread. Think about it; people who have listened will know what it sounds like. We can't act like we haven't heard it, and discussing the entire song would be discussing the leak, so we can't say anything in this thread until the album is out. So I think discussing the leak should be allowed, just not posting a link to it.

Basically, you think discussing the leak should be allowed because otherwise you can't discuss the leak.

Edited by Tjet

Basically, you think discussing the link should be allowed because otherwise you can't discuss the leak.

No, I think if you've seen the leak, discussing the leak should be allowed because you can't discuss the song.

No, I think if you've seen the leak, discussing the leak should be allowed because you can't discuss the song.
No idea what you're saying but noticed a typo in my post, not sure if that changes anything.

No idea what you're saying but noticed a typo in my post, not sure if that changes anything.

It's fairly obvious and I explained it perfectly well in my post. It baffles me that you can't understand the point I'm making.

It's fairly obvious and I explained it perfectly well in my post. It baffles me that you can't understand the point I'm making.
You're a feisty one.

But I do get your point, and I'm saying it's redundant, which my post should have made obvious. ;)