Dead Inside 8/10

Psycho 7/10 (The length brings it down. Especially live. It's great, but honestly, another chorus and riff repetition?)

Mercy 5/10

Reapers 6.5/10 (this one is the most likely to change once the studio version is released)

Agree with Psycho and Mercy.

Psycho sounds so good live, it's worth it being longer to just bounce and trash around more.

Mercy is good but its just not Muse good

Reapers I hope will sound better but it already sounds great

Dead Inside 8/10

Psycho 7/10 (The length brings it down. Especially live. It's great, but honestly, another chorus and riff repetition?)

Mercy 5/10

Reapers 6.5/10 (this one is the most likely to change once the studio version is released)

Which bit of Psycho would you remove out of interest? Was trying to edit it down myself to around 4 minutes, but couldn't decide whether to get rid of the 'solo' or the bit we heard from the IG clip after the 2nd chorus (or both)

You don't think this is true for Mercy, too?
Nope. Because I like Reapers, but I think I need the studio version to put together the different parts of the song in a more well-produced way. Basically I'm waiting for the moment when I go "aha!" and I get a better overall feel of the song.

No, it was all just smoke and mirrors aka bullshit false advertising. Welcome to America

Where did that come from anyway? I thought it was official.

Where did that come from anyway? I thought it was official.

Just various different outlets reported conflicting things. The "official" iHeartRadio page misspelled the album title even, which made it seem like they were incompetent/didn't know what was due to happen themselves. One source specifically said that it will offer an "inside look at the 12 tracks off of Drones", and given the event was called a "Drones listening party" it spoke for itself. It was a very poor job of properly representing what would happen.

Which bit of Psycho would you remove out of interest? Was trying to edit it down myself to around 4 minutes, but couldn't decide whether to get rid of the 'solo' or the bit we heard from the IG clip after the 2nd chorus (or both)

You keep the solo, but throw it before the break down with just the gonna make you bit, and make that part come after the solo and end the song as the final chorus. so essentially you lose the double repeat chorus after the solo and re-order it.

Dead Inside - 8/10

Psycho - 8/10

Reapers - 10/10

Mercy - 8/10

Dead Inside - 8.5/10 (all because of that minute of uninspired chord progressions)

Psycho - 9/10 (would be a 9.5 due to solid "concise" execution if the track was shorter)

Reapers - 9.5/10 (extra .5 dependent on production on record, though I expect a bump)

Mercy - 9/10 (same as above except I anticipate a .5 bump due to awesome production)

You keep the solo, but throw it before the break down with just the gonna make you bit, and make that part come after the solo and end the song as the final chorus. so essentially you lose the double repeat chorus after the solo and re-order it.

I was actually working on a re-edit similar to how your describing it, however I put that breakdown at the beginning, cutting out the riff build up at the beginning. I felt like it would come off as even more powerful if you were immediately thrown into the riff as opposed to hearing it build up and then thrashing out to it.

And I put the solo after the "show me your war ass" part, it actually flowed very well into it.

The iHeart description of the event itself said it would be the band playing some songs from Drones, and "maybe" songs like Madness and Uprising, and would be an "exclusive first look at the album Drones."

I wouldn't have guessed that "first look" would be only one song, either, but I said before it really sounded like they didn't know what was going on.

Wait, where's all this about JFK being We Are The Universe come from?

iirc, WATU leads directly into Uprising and even has bits of that in it so I don't get how that'll work.

Edit:

Also, if we're doing track ratings then:

Dead Inside - 6.5

Psycho - 6.5

Mercy - 4

Reapers - 8.5

iirc, WATU leads directly into Uprising and even has bits of that in it so I don't get how that'll work.

They wrote and recorded it, so obviously they can rework it so it doesn't lead into Uprising. And I don't recall any bits of Uprising in it.

They wrote and recorded it, so obviously they can rework it so it doesn't lead into Uprising. And I don't recall any bits of Uprising in it.

I thought it had a bit of a slower version of the main synth line? And true, I guess.

Shame if it's true anyway, I really liked the sparse 'We are the universe' bits, replacing them with a JFK speech would be a downgrade imo. Minor gripe though, I suppose.

Matt said JFK will be an intro they used in the BH&R era, and there was confusion that this meant WATU even though that was TR era.

I'm assuming JFK will literally be the JFK speech they used to open Madison Garden in 2007 and nothing to do with WATU.