I'm excited for Drones but i'm not sure it'll be on the standards of OoS or BH&R, might be able to knock Abso off the number 3 spot for me but only if it's good as a whole, not just two or three good solid songs like the 2nd Law was

You've really only got to look at the Psycho thread to get the gist of it, really.

Everyone super, SUPER excited, this is what we always wanted, Muse is back, etc, etc.

And then none of those people show up ever again, or they settle down.

I don't remember everything I wrote in the Psycho thread, but it is my fave song of the three songs we know off Drones! i LOVE it! I could listen to it all day long, :D So if I was amongst those people there, I am still here but not writing that much...only finding some interviews on Twitter ;)

Can't wait for the album to be released (on 5th in my country), looking forward to the physical single release (dead inside) and to news and youtube performances from the US concerts which start TODAY!

(Hyped enough:LOL: ?)

Edited by Claudia O.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Inside-Psycho-Muse/dp/B00VSKJNV8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430740400&sr=8-3&keywords=dead+inside+muse

The Dead Inside cover has been put onto Amazon (not sure if anyone else has said this somewhere else, sorry if so)

Thing that interests me, it's £6... Surely they won't charge that much for just two songs??? Or am I missing something here

I'm only going by the WIkipedia definition of prog here, but the idea that prog music is inspired by the compositional structure of jazz and classical doesn't necessarily mean things should flow well. Modern composers like Bartok or jazz artists like Mingus are enough to show that classical music doesn't necessarily equal fluid. Complex and sophisticated? Maybe.

EDIT: also how can you call a certain style of music literally called "progressive" when you put constraints on it like saying it has to be fluid?

Edited by HomesickSubterranean

Well, they didn't get that message with Reapers... :phu:

It does flow well actually. It's just jarring first listen because you don't know what to expect neither to expect Muse to be toying with different structures again. Also, prog flowing well is indeed a redundant statement. But regardless, songs having different parts doesn't mean they have to "flow" for it to be a good song either. Granted the way Muse compose, odds are it'll be more fluid than "gentle --> MASSIVE CHANGE" structure that's jarring/odd time signatures.