Matt said JFK will be an intro they used in the BH&R era, and there was confusion that this meant WATU even though this was TR.

I'm assuming JFK will literally be the JFK speech they used to open Madison Garden in 2007 and nothing to do with WATU.

Ah, good. Cheers :happy:

Matt said JFK will be an intro they used in the BH&R era, and there was confusion that this meant WATU even though that was TR era.

I'm assuming JFK will literally be the JFK speech they used to open Madison Garden in 2007 and nothing to do with WATU.

Where are you getting this from?

Notes I wrote from the show/interview tonight

mercy starts off with bass and piano (Matt not on the piano), definitely had a starlight vibe to me.

Defector is the darkest the album gets

JFK is the same audio they used to open some shows during BHAR tour.

They've had thoughts of playing the album front to back

Mercy is about fighting oppressive forces

The handler is where the album makes some sort of shift, and it's also Matts favourite song on the album.

The Psycho Tour thread

Where are you getting this from?

was in another thread somewhere

I thought it had a bit of a slower version of the main synth line? And true, I guess.

Shame if it's true anyway, I really liked the sparse 'We are the universe' bits, replacing them with a JFK speech would be a downgrade imo. Minor gripe though, I suppose.

same key and similar but it was different if i recall correctly

It would be weird, I agree, but I can't see WATU being used for [JFK] when they did use a JFK speech on the BH&R cycle.
I don't see why they couldn't. I mean simply combining the two, and obviously removing the vocals that already exist in WATU. But yeah WATU doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere else so it's probably just a misunderstanding.