Do you like Drones (song)?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Drones (song)?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

I love this a song, fitting closer after The Globalist, and the vocal harmonies are great

If only the rest of the fanbase shared this view with us! I'm dumbfounded that so many people say "wtf is this" like it's some sort of trash. :noey:

If only the rest of the fanbase shared this view with us! I'm dumbfounded that so many people say "wtf is this" like it's some sort of trash. :noey:

Yeah, I get that the style of this song might not be everybody's thing, but even if this isn't everybody's type of music, it should still be appreciate, as it's great for what it is

I think the concept behind this one is quite the same as the one behind Megalomania. In Megalomania there's this big church organ (and we all know it) but its lyrics is the opposite of a religious hymn.

Here, in my opinion, it's the same: Matts are religiously singing about drones, people dying because of them, probably addressing to a dictator (who feels like a God?). And it's this juxtaposition between spiritual and cruelly artificial that gives sense to this one, especially if seen as the ending of The Globalist.

At least I feel this way. But I'm probably just seeing too much into it :LOL:

Give it a few years, this will be the album fans will remember as definitive of "new Muse", not The Resistance or The 2nd Law. When that happens, fans will grow to appreciate the last three songs on this album as much as the other "hype" songs.

I think they might have split it purely for practical reasons so they can perform The Globalist live. I don't think they would be able to perform Drones live unless they cloned Matt somehow so I can imagine them ending The Globalist on that unresolved chord and then walking off stage abruptly while Drones fades in above the crowd noise and is played as a backing track with some visuals in a similar way to how they used that extended cut of Isolated System as encore break music.

Otherwise fans would be saying 'Why didn't they play the end of The Globalist?" all the time.

I'm actually really liking this song now.

It's beautiful and haunting and whoa. First couple of listens all I could hear is "Drones" though which is fitting I guess. :LOL: Only wish I could hear the words more clearer.

My favorite thing about it is that I can't understand it.

I think they might have split it purely for practical reasons so they can perform The Globalist live. I don't think they would be able to perform Drones live unless they cloned Matt somehow so I can imagine them ending The Globalist on that unresolved chord and then walking off stage abruptly while Drones fades in above the crowd noise and is played as a backing track with some visuals in a similar way to how they used that extended cut of Isolated System as encore break music.

Otherwise fans would be saying 'Why didn't they play the end of The Globalist?" all the time.

I think it's a combination of that, and them probably knowing it was going to be a bit of a controversy, and separating them allows people to judge the two parts individually.

But yeah, Matt clearly spoke about Drones like it wasn't separate from TG.

I'm seriously moved and blown away by how beautiful it is, but at the same time, the "drones" in the lyrics has been hard for me to push past, and pulling it down a bit. Needs more time to sink in.

Such a brave move, tbh, and massive respect for it.