Do you like Drones (song)?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Drones (song)?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

Trivia Moment.

Do you know the conceptual idea behind this track could be an idea derived from an old version of New Born? In fact, it seems the guys wanted the intro melody at the piano to be singed by Matt's interposed voices. Unfortunately, they dropped it, because at the time they ended up thinking it might have been too abstract.

Didn't that recording end up as a very small part at the end of the studio version?

Gone from not liking it, to finding it ok as an album ender/outro to The Globalist, to loving it in it's own right. The part where the voices come together near the end (on the word 'drones' funnily enough) is one of my favourite parts of the entire album :D

Just combined the vocal track from the album of this song with the organ track a soundcloud user created. Hopefully nobody asks for it to be taken down but its quite awesome so I suggest anybody that likes this song to download it while its still up!

This sounds more biblical and has a lot of despair in it. Would have been perfect....dammit Matt.

This sounds more biblical and has a lot of despair in it.

After twelve years, it's finally time for something biblical? Is this the end??? :facemelt:

I agree, though. Sounds awesome with the organ, though too many people already dismiss this track as too 'churchy', and organ would only make it churchier. Now I need to go and listen to Megalomania. :D

Edited by AguanteRiver

After twelve years, it's finally time for something biblical? Is this the end??? :facemelt:

I agree, though. Sounds awesome with the organ, though too many people already dismiss this track as too 'churchy', and organ would only make it churchier. Now I need to go and listen to Megalomania. :D

Totally unrelated. What is that video clip in your sig and why does it seem like an optical illusion? It's messing with me.

Totally unrelated. What is that video clip in your sig and why does it seem like an optical illusion? It's messing with me.

:chuckle: It's a tiny clip of Chris playing Hysteria in Seattle (the Resistance Tour gig they streamed on MySpace), looping forever so the headbanging never ends. Just watch the tower behind him and you'll see how short the clip actually is.

Back on topic, the artwork for this song is one of the better ones on Drones imo, albeit a sad one. The one for Reapers doesn't fit at all!

DronesBookletArtwork.jpg

How do you not realise that no one cares if you don't like the song? Btw you just called it a song.

I do not think that Drones is a proper song because I believe that:

1. It will very rarely (or probably never) get played live.

2. We already have 2 interludes on the album.

If no one cares then why have I been quoted several times?

I thought the thread was for everyone's opinion, regardless of whether they like the song in question or not?

I do not think that Drones is a proper song because I believe that:

1. It will very rarely (or probably never) get played live.

2. We already have 2 interludes on the album.

If no one cares then why have I been quoted several times?

I thought the thread was for everyone's opinion, regardless of whether they like the song in question or not?

Jfc. People are disagreeing with your statement that it isn't a song, it has nothing to do with whether or not you like it.

1. Shit point. Is Big Freeze not a song?

2. So then Falling Away With You isn't a proper song, because that album has an intro and an interlude, and it hasn't been played live.

Jfc. People are disagreeing with your statement that it isn't a song, it has nothing to do with whether or not you like it.

1. Shit point. Is Big Freeze not a song?

2. So then Falling Away With You isn't a proper song, because that album has an intro and an interlude, and it hasn't been played live.

PROPER song. As in the song is improper to my personal preference (ie. it ends the album on a bad note). The last track on all their other albums are very good. If Globalist was the last track I'd have been so much happier.

If Big Freeze and FAWY haven't been played live how does that suggest that Drones probably will? Sorry pal but you seem way too over confident for such a shitty track.

PROPER song. As in the song is improper to my personal preference (ie. it ends the album on a bad note). The last track on all their other albums are very good. If Globalist was the last track I'd have been so much happier.

If Big Freeze and FAWY haven't been played live how does that suggest that Drones probably will? Sorry pal but you seem way too over confident for such a shitty track.

:facepalm:

So basically you're saying it's a BAD song.

What? Honestly what? I'm saying that if Drones isn't a proper song because it hasn't been played live, then neither is Big Freeze or FAWY because those haven't either. How is this not obvious?

So basically you're saying it's a BAD song.

What? Honestly what? I'm saying that if Drones isn't a proper song because it hasn't been played live, then neither is Big Freeze or FAWY because those haven't either. How is this not obvious?

You misunderstand.

The vocals overlap with harmony. I don't think Drones would be played live because it probably isn't even possible for a start. Unless they cloned Matt Bellamy or just played back the recorded version, like they would JFK for example. The track is garbage.

I liked Big Freeze. Pretty gutted they've never played it live in fact. But that doesn't stop me from disliking Revolt either.