Do you like Drones (song)?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Drones (song)?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

Yes, and therefore the only song on the album not to include the word 'Drones' in its lyrics. :LOL:

Some Muse comedy right there.

I'm not sure if I'd be happy with an instrumental or not. If it is I'd want it to be like Isolated System, but they just did that so idk. A RBS or Megalomania would be what I want for a closer I think.

But then again, all their closers have been different in style and they've all been great.

So far we're 3 for 3 on Muse albums ending on either a grandiose, epic track (HTAILY, Megalomania, KoC) or a more bleak reflective one (RBS, Exo 3, Isolated System) and there isn't really a pattern to go on. Absolution is just as full-on an album as OOS, yet ends completely differently, while T2L and TR are both very varied but undeniably over the top, yet both conclude very downbeat.

At the very least, Muse certainly haven't in my eyes failed to deliver on closing tracks, they're all very poignant and memorable, Isolated System even had a very profound effect on me, and many others thought it was boring and pointless, and so I expect something good, no matter what path it takes, grandiose and massive, instrumental or not, ambient and calm or downbeat and melancholy.

I suppose it depends entirely on whether the 'protagonist' of the album wins in his fight back against the people who owned his ass?

So far we're 3 for 3 on Muse albums ending on either a grandiose, epic track (HTAILY, Megalomania, KoC) or a more bleak reflective one (RBS, Exo 3, Isolated System) and there isn't really a pattern to go on. Absolution is just as full-on an album as OOS, yet ends completely differently, while T2L and TR are both very varied but undeniably over the top, yet both conclude very downbeat.

At the very least, Muse certainly haven't in my eyes failed to deliver on closing tracks, they're all very poignant and memorable, Isolated System even had a very profound effect on me, and many others thought it was boring and pointless, and so I expect something good, no matter what path it takes, grandiose and massive, instrumental or not, ambient and calm or downbeat and melancholy.

I suppose it depends entirely on whether the 'protagonist' of the album wins in his fight back against the people who owned his ass?

Yes, and therefore the only song on the album not to include the word 'Drones' in its lyrics. :LOL:

Which is why it would be in the title... I'm sold on this theory. :chuckle:

Also, did TR really end on a "downbeat" note? I thought pt3 was, well, obviously the failure of the mission, but also asking for a hopeful ending and making our world a better place? Bittersweet, maybe.

Megalomania, on the other hand, was epic, but depressing.

I'm still convinced this is just minutes of that annoying noise made by quadcopter propellers (see the IG vid) used to fill the rest of the CD...

Also, did TR really end on a "downbeat" note? I thought pt3 was, well, obviously the failure of the mission, but also asking for a hopeful ending and making our world a better place? Bittersweet, maybe./QUOTE]

I thought Exogenesis ended well, the mission is a success and they find the new planet, but they are afraid humans screw up over the new home aswell.

I suppose the ending is a bit up in the air, isn't it? :LOL:

I find it hopeful in tone, either way.

I've said it a million times, but that's the sort of reason Muse really has stuck with me; their songs still manage to be upbeat and hopeful, more often than not, but not superficially so like so, so much music out there.

Many of them deal with depressing topics, the end of the world, and still end up being personal songs about hope and perseverance.

I keep seeing all these interviews and articles where Matt gets accused of being dark and depressing, and I don't get that at all.

It's why I'm so glad Matt addressed the Drones concept having that sort of ending, because so far DI and Psycho have been rather dark and depressing.

• 1 month later...

Whoever thought Isolated System was boring and pointless is a deaf asshole.

I don't think we know anything about Revolt.

According to Matt, in Revolt along with Defector, the protagonist of the story again takes control of his life and fights against the dark forces who are trying to control him.

Matt said that Revolt is to "inspire and encourage people to believe in themselves".

That's all we know I believe

Has there been new info on that? Because those reddit screenshots were probably fake.

Well, thought that the screenshots were legit, if they weren´t then we'll have to wait till the album is released or leaked.

The lenght of Mercy shown in the screenshot was spot on though.