Do you like Drones (song)?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Drones (song)?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

You misunderstand.

The vocals overlap with harmony. I don't think Drones would be played live because it probably isn't even possible for a start. Unless they cloned Matt Bellamy or just played back the recorded version, like they would JFK for example. The track is garbage.

I liked Big Freeze. Pretty gutted they've never played it live in fact. Still doesn't stop me from disliking Revolt either.

You literally said "I do not think that Drones is a proper song because I believe that", not sure how that can be misunderstood. Yes, for some reason you seem to think that saying something isn't a proper song simply means you dislike it, but how does this relate to your two point? You don't think Drones is a good closer because it probably won't be performed live?

Also you said

Because it is just silly harmonized vocals. It's not even a proper song?

...tell me again what you mean by proper song?

You literally said "I do not think that Drones is a proper song because I believe that", not sure how that can be misunderstood. Yes, for some reason you seem to think that saying something isn't a proper song simply means you dislike it, but how does this relate to your two point? You don't think Drones is a good closer because it probably won't be performed live?

Also you said

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend isn't this hard to talk to. Would you like me to use bullet points?

Clearly opinions on this message board are not very sought after, unless a clear statement and signature in blood is provided.

I was off-topic anyway. Feel free to continue your Revolting discussion.

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend isn't this hard to talk to. Would you like me to use bullet points?

Clearly opinions on this message board are not very sought after, unless a clear statement and signature in blood is provided.

I was off-topic anyway. Feel free to continue your Revolting discussion.

First of all I'm sorry your relationship isn't going well.

Secondly, Opinions are often shot down, yes, but that's not the issue here. The issue is clarity. Let me explain: You say Drones isn't a proper song because it's just harmonizd vocals, so people assume you mean it's somthing less than a song, similar to interludes. So peope debate and argue for why it should be considered a proper song.

Then you clarify that by improper you mean it ends the album on a bad note, isn't suited for your personal preference and that all the other albums end with good songs. Now it's pretty logical to assume that by "improper" you simply mean bad or ill-suited as a closer.

Then you say that it has to do with the fact that it can't be played live. I then say that you mean it's a bad song, and you say that I misunderstand. So clearly some clarification regarding your definition of proper is needed.

And for god's sake, stop whining about not being allowed to have opinions. Your reasoning is simply being questioned and your views discussed. No one is shutting you down.

First of all I'm sorry your relationship isn't going well.

Secondly, Opinions are often shot down, yes, but that's not the issue here. The issue is clarity. Let me explain: You say Drones isn't a proper song because it's just harmonizd vocals, so people assume you mean it's somthing less than a song, similar to interludes. So peope debate and argue for why it should be considered a proper song.

Then you clarify that by improper you mean it ends the album on a bad note, isn't suited for your personal preference and that all the other albums end with good songs. Now it's pretty logical to assume that by "improper" you simply mean bad or ill-suited as a closer.

Then you say that it has to do with the fact that it can't be played live. I then say that you mean it's a bad song, and you say that I misunderstand. So clearly some clarification regarding your definition of proper is needed.

And for god's sake, stop whining about not being allowed to have opinions. Your reasoning is simply being questioned and your views discussed. No one is shutting you down.

Making out that I have gone from one excuse and reasoning to another is retarded. I gave my opinion, you challenged it and I answered.

And yes you did misunderstand. The song in question may or may not be played live... who knows? It is merely what I believe. But to compare an A cappella to 2 alternate songs that contain all elements of music, that require at least all 3 band members to participate in is rather silly.

I'm pretty confident that anyone with knowledge in the music industry would partly agree here. Never the less I genuinely can't be arsed to argue anymore.

Also you said

By that rationale, Reapers is basically saying everything Bach ever did was just 'silly harmonization' - troll must try harder

By that rationale, Reapers is basically saying everything Bach ever did was just 'silly harmonization' - troll must try harder

No sir, I am basically saying that I do not like the song. I don't expect anyone to agree and I most certainly wouldn't expect anyone to make out that there is some sort of right or wrong answer either.

Nice try. Not enjoying 1 track that may include influence from the Baroque period does not suggest that I think Bach (or any other artist) composed silly harmonization. The album was said to be heavier and rock orientated.

You intentionally get involved with an argument that is over 3 days old and call me a troll. How ironic.

The album IS heavier and rock orientated.

You do realise that even OoS had Screenager and Feeling Good?

Abso had TIRO which isn't heavier than Mercy. Then there was Blackout, Endlessly and SFA. If you expected that "Back to basics" would be 100% heavy rock, you clearly don't know Muse.

Edited by Tjet

The album IS heavier and rock orientated.

You do realise that even OoS had Screenager and Feeling Good?

Abso had TIRO which isn't heavier than Mercy. Then there was Blackout, Endlessly and SFA. If you expected that "Back to basics" would be 100% heavy rock, you clearly don't know Muse.

Yeah I know it is, which is awesome. The track just took me by surprise that's all. Most of their albums have tracks that aren't heavy, which I appreciate. One of my favourite tracks on this album is Aftermath, for example.

For the record I also enjoy Blackout and Hyper Chondriac Music. But I am also into a lot of heavier bands than Muse. So the boat only gets pushed out so far when it comes to "less heavy" tracks.

Imogen Heap's Hide And Seek is just an outro too then.

Seriously the reaction to Drones is just hilarious in places. It's like a bad ripoff of the Radiohead fanbase on Kid A's release.

to be fair, kid A is weird as fucking hell. Never liked that one. Give me OK Comp any day of the week. Hell, I even prefer Hail to the Thief

to be fair, kid A is weird as fucking hell. Never liked that one. Give me OK Comp any day of the week. Hell, I even prefer Hail to the Thief

Nothing wrong with disliking it, personally I think it's excellent, but you wouldn't go around saying any of it wasn't songs or 'real music' would you? Sadly those people evidently existed in their droves.

Normally the semantics stuff bores me, but honestly, calling an entire style of music (and a historical one, at that) "not a song" and backing that up by saying that's a fine opinion because you don't like it...

I mean, I think that's actually, factually, wrong.

If you disagree then its fine.

The frustration of certain people's arguments on here are excessive to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed, is getting better and better. Also, Bellamy is demostrating he has a pair of balls making this song. The style predates the Renaissance, and what was the last important band who used it, Yes in the 70s?