Do you like Drones (song)?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Drones (song)?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

I think they might have split it purely for practical reasons so they can perform The Globalist live. I don't think they would be able to perform Drones live unless they cloned Matt somehow so I can imagine them ending The Globalist on that unresolved chord and then walking off stage abruptly while Drones fades in above the crowd noise and is played as a backing track with some visuals in a similar way to how they used that extended cut of Isolated System as encore break music.

Otherwise fans would be saying 'Why didn't they play the end of The Globalist?" all the time.

They never play the end of USoE though...

I love it!! I personally think it’s a perfect way to end the album. It sounds like a requiem after a long war.

I’ve been a bit obsessed with Palestrina’s Missa Papae Marcelli ever since I heard Muse use a recording of the Benedictus as an intro to a show. It’s so cool they actually put it on an album 15 years later.

Stunning end to the album, I respect Matt for giving it a go and doing an unreal job of it. I really like it as the album closer, and especially after the Globalist

It's something you would play whilst butchering your family

I like it but it's definitely not something I would show off to my friends.

"Hey man, have you heard the new Muse record?! This track it great"

*My mother, my father, my brother, my puppy, killed by Droneeeeees*

:LOL::LOL:

Amazing.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that one. Anyway, it's impossible that they play this song live, unless they hire a chorus or something like that. Matt can't multiply himself :LOL:
They have three singers on stage, and have already used pre-recorded backing vocals this tour.

They have three singers on stage, and have already used pre-recorded backing vocals this tour.

This song is so hauntingly beautiful. I really dig it, the flow from TG to this was very nice too. Can't help having goosebumps when Matt sings the last ''Amen''. :$

I like it but it's definitely not something I would show off to my friends.

"Hey man, have you heard the new Muse record?! This track it great"

*My mother, my father, my brother, my puppy, killed by Droneeeeees*

ahahahahahahaha loooooooooool

Always like when Muse incorporates some classical shizzle into their repertoire. Never would have expected Matt to release a full Renaissance choral track though.

The lyrics are unfortunate, but I really love the music. If they could incorporate some of these more adventurous influences into a more guitar-based sound instead of relying on riff copy-pasting like with Psycho and Defector, that would be great.

I received the album this morning. I haven't read all the previous comments yet so, if anyone has already mentioned the name 'Palestrina,' my apologies.

I have a degree in music. We had to learn to write in the styles of various composers. I was fine with Bach, Mozart, Debussy etc but I could never, EVER write a piece in the style of Palestrina. There were so many damn rules; I don't know how anyone could write anything that beautiful when there were so many rules, yet here is Matt Bellamy with NO degree writing a piece in the style of Palestrina and it sounds amazing! Forget the words; if he had really stuck to Palestrina's model, they would have been in Latin and very few people would have cared because the music is so wonderful.:D

I received the album this morning. I haven't read all the previous comments yet so, if anyone has already mentioned the name 'Palestrina,' my apologies.

I have a degree in music. We had to learn to write in the styles of various composers. I was fine with Bach, Mozart, Debussy etc but I could never, EVER write a piece in the style of Palestrina. There were so many damn rules; I don't know how anyone could write anything that beautiful when there were so many rules, yet here is Matt Bellamy with NO degree writing a piece in the style of Palestrina and it sounds amazing! Forget the words; if he had really stuck to Palestrina's model, they would have been in Latin and very few people would have cared because the music is so wonderful.:D

isnt it basically a cover with new lyrics though?

I'm suspecting it's an arrangement of an already existing piece, but I don't know which one. In every review it seems they name a different piece it's supposed to be based on. Would like it Matt actually came up with this one himself, though.