Do you like Drones (song)?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Drones (song)?

• Yes
    • A little
    • No

I feel like a lot of people are having a kneejerk reaction along the lines of "WTF is this? Is this even a song?" Hopefully, in time, more people will come around. I think it's a wonderful song, it just might take some getting used to for some people.

It's very haunting, summons up the image of a burnt out church. Matt's vocals are really on point, doing a good job of filling in baritone, tenor, and countertenor.

I doubt we'll see anything Gregorian from Matt/Muse again, but it is so refreshing to see Matt experimenting with harmonies that AREN'T inspired by Queen. I'd like to see more of this kind of vocal experimentation from Matt in the future.

It's very haunting, summons up the image of a burnt out church. Matt's vocals are really on point, doing a good job of filling in baritone, tenor, and countertenor.

I doubt we'll see anything Gregorian from Matt/Muse again, but it is so refreshing to see Matt experimenting with harmonies that AREN'T inspired by Queen. I'd like to see more of this kind of vocal experimentation from Matt in the future.

Agreed.

I like some choral stuff e.g. Mozart Requiem Lacrymosa and Paranoid Android are both incredible, also Final Fantasy stuff like One Winged Angel. But not loving this on first listen. Nothing wrong with the concept. Will keep listening.

I feel like a lot of people are having a kneejerk reaction along the lines of "WTF is this? Is this even a song?" Hopefully, in time, more people will come around. I think it's a wonderful song, it just might take some getting used to for some people.

This so much.

This one's getting better with each listen, just stunning, def should be played as one long song with The Globalist

Definitely agreed. I personally see these two as just one song, but although others won't, I see Aftermath as the first movement, The Globalist as the second, and Drones as the third. These three tracks are just mindblowing to me.

Not bad! Too long and messy near the end.

Sums up how inconsistent Muse are how they have no idea of cohesion in album.

>no idea of cohesion

Cheers mate enjoy your cohesive Death Grips, this is Muse's most cohesive album to date

After a few listens through front to back, I agree with those who've said Drones most definitely works much better if you listen to it at the end of the Globalist. It's still not really one that grabs my attention but it makes a semi decent outro I suppose. Still wish there'd been something bombastic instead but oh well it does okay

Are you deeeeaaad insiiiide? :LOL::LOL:. That part makes me laugh so hard, although it's not its intention :LOL:.

It's not my cup of tea, but I think I'm not overreacting if I say that maybe it's THE song where Matt proves he is a very talented singer. I appreciate the song for that, and I find myself listening to it only to wow me with the vocals. I don't like it, but not because it's bad, I don't like it because it's not my cup of tea.

Definitely don't think he fills the role of a baritone.

This is an interesting way to end an album and I really like what I'm hearing, considering how I've interpreted the whole thing.

But I'm pretty sure it'd be better if listened while high lol

This times a billion

Currently the track that's growing the fastest on me. It's just so totally and utterly different to anything they've ever done before that its flaws are much easier to forgive than on Major Key Pop Rock Song With Multitrack Vocals number whateverthefuckwe'reon.

It's cool that they've done it. A good showcase of writing and vocal skills. But I certainly don't want to see loads more in future. If every 2nd track was like this it wouldn't be a good album! And when they do other forms of music, be it heavy or ballads, no-one does it better. But go to the classical section of HMV and there will certainly be better choral stuff!

It's cool that they've done it. A good showcase of writing and vocal skills. But I certainly don't want to see loads more in future. If every 2nd track was like this it wouldn't be a good album! And when they do other forms of music, be it heavy or ballads, no-one does it better. But go to the classical section of HMV and there will certainly be better choral stuff!
its obviously not something they're gonna start doing on a regular basis.

I adore this track and I think it's a perfect closer for an album of this tone. In a way I find it soothing, after all the heaviness of the album (both instrumentally and narratively), it calms me down and makes me reflect on what I've just listened to. Like I've been through an experience or something.

Don't know if that made sense but just my two cents.