It's very hard to tell much from the quality of the recording but my instant reaction is Mercy feels like something that would've fit on BH+R. I think I like it but it's very early in the morning and I'm not sure I'm actually alive yet.

The beginning, keyboard intro, sounds very much a spiritual successor to Starlight but afterwards I'd say the song moves away from that and becomes something different.

I always regarded Resistance as Starlight 2.0. Is Mercy therefore Starlight 3.0?

And JFK musically is We Are The Universe? Interesting...

Maybe it'll be over the instrumental, since they seem to be on a spree of using every live unrecorded thing they've done on this album.

I always regarded Resistance as Starlight 2.0. Is Mercy therefore Starlight 3.0?

And JFK musically is We Are The Universe? Interesting...

Resistance is nothing like Starlight imo.

However Madness is definitely Resistance 2.0 (and the end of Dead inside is Madness 2.5)

To me Resistance and Starlight are quite similar in that they're both the second track of the album, pop singles with soft verses that are primarily bass with a simple piano melody over them and a loud sing-along chorus.

Madness' is only really getting grouped in the sense that it's the second track pop single I would think.

Notes I wrote from the show/interview tonight

mercy starts off with bass and piano (Matt not on the piano), definitely had a starlight vibe to me.

Defector is the darkest the album gets

JFK is the same audio they used to open some shows during BHAR tour.

They've had thoughts of playing the album front to back

Mercy is about fighting oppressive forces

The handler is where the album makes some sort of shift, and it's also Matts favourite song on the album.

Well now The Handler's hype is ballooning up to that of The Globalist too. I'm so tired of waiting... :mad:

The Handler and The Globalist were the two songs I said right fom the start that I was looking forward to, simply judging by their titles.

I felt similarly, the other two tracks I had big expectations for based on titles (besides Psycho since I already heard the track) were Dead Inside and Reapers. The latter met and exceeded my expectations, while the former blindsided me but still is pretty good.