Alright so there was no listening party tonight?

Yeah, it's a bit worrying tbh :(. Are they really that lacking in inspiration?

If some people got the listening party, and some didn't, that's a real dick move, as neither iHeart, nor anyone else, made that distinction clear at all, and the whole thing was advertised as a listening party for the album right up until the last minute.

I guess maybe they realized they were never going to get all the phones out of there, but still.

And why wait so long to stream one new song? :(

I'm also a bit concerned about all the reused bits. I've been really questioning that since I've seen at least 4 interviews where Matt has strongly implied (or outright said) he doesn't care for the riff used in Psycho in the first place.

Huh. Where was the bit where "Matt has strongly implied (or outright said) he doesn't care for the riff used in Psycho in the first place"?

all i read was “That riff is from 1999,” says Bellamy. “Dom was always saying, ‘Turn that into a song!’ and I was always like, ‘Nah, it’s too redneck, dude.’” but it isn't really implying he hates the riff

all i read was “That riff is from 1999,” says Bellamy. “Dom was always saying, ‘Turn that into a song!’ and I was always like, ‘Nah, it’s too redneck, dude.’” but it isn't really implying he hates the riff
no one said he hated it though. This thread is one extreme interpretation after another.

He said he thought it was a "cheap" riff.

This is more what I was referring to. He's said it at least four times, and the latest (Weenie Roast interview) I thought he sounded rather disparaging about it, though I could be misinterpreting what he means by "cheap" it doesn't sound flattering.