Also it's very different from the other songs so far, no guitar solo, and is indeed dark. This is all second-hand info from Facebook.

Huh...

So we have a bass heavy song with a nice melodic bass riff at the end

It has great vocals and a falsetto

No guitar solos but still guitars

very "electric sounding" hopefully not electronic

Pretty vague but sounds roughly like single material, meaning it could well be the next one if the speculation is correct.

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much on Matt saying it's dark. Thematically, I guess the first half is supposed to be but it doesn't sound like it'll be particularly dark sonically. I actually find Reapers to be quite fun and uplifting.

This. Maybe the themes and lyrics are more dark but sonically the songs come off very upbeat compared to Muse's first 3 albums. Actually so far from what we've heard the only thing that sounded dark sonically was parts of Defector lol. And that's from the "positive side" of the album. It actually sounded like old Muse from what I could hear.

Haven't seen or read much negative reaction yet, hopefully it stays that way

It's pretty much always that way when a new song gets debuted live. I wouldn't put too much weight on the reaction it's getting right now.

It's pretty much always that way when a new song gets debuted live. I wouldn't put too much weight on the reaction it's getting right now.

True but I'd like to think if something like Madness had been debuted tonight there would at least be slightly polarized reaction, at least Mercy sounds like something of a crowd pleaser.

I hope the 'electronic sounding' doesn't make it Follow Me 2

the word was electric. this is like the game telephone. everyone stop speculating i'm sure someone who was there will have a coherent description of it soon enough if that's what you want.

@HyperHondriac 36s36 seconds ago

@zissou10 it's ok, Something between Glorious and Guiding Light

I hope this comparison is like when someone compared Follow Me to Dead Star.

(although doesn't Dead Inside's bassline resemble Guiding Light in a good way? :D)

@HyperHondriac 36s36 seconds ago

@zissou10 it's ok, Something between Glorious and Guiding Light

Well fuck. Any bit of a Guiding Light comparison is not good. Especially if its running at Guiding Light's tempo...Pure speculation. But I hope the tempo is pretty upbeat. Somewhere like the verses in Reapers.

Ok so I'm the one that heard it. It definitely sounds most similar to glorious. Lots of power chord usage, not guitar solo. Song starts with a bassline and a keyboard melody. Wasn't poppy in any way though. Tough for me to make out vocals but it seemed darkish in nature. Not a lot of falsetto If any

ok so i'm the one that heard it. It definitely sounds most similar to glorious. Lots of power chord usage, not guitar solo. Song starts with a bassline and a keyboard melody. Wasn't poppy in any way though. Tough for me to make out vocals but it seemed darkish in nature. Not a lot of falsetto if any

more info

is it good?

Is it bad?

Is it guiding light?

No falsetto? Some guy said falsetto

does it sound like dead inside

is it pop

is it really electronic?

more info

is it good?

Is it bad?

Is it guiding light?

No falsetto? Some guy said falsetto

does it sound like dead inside

is it pop

is it really electronic?

It definitely was good. Enjoyed it. Heavy on the chorus. It is NOT guiding light. Doesn't sound like dead inside. I would say it's electric and not pop

It definitely was good. Enjoyed it. Heavy on the chorus. It is NOT guiding light. Doesn't sound like dead inside. I would say it's electric and not pop

Do you remember any lyrics? I'm guessing he says something like

MERRRRRRRRRCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY