Now a guy on the Muse subreddit is saying there was a pre-show album listening party that only a few lucky people got to go to. His quote, my bolding for emphasis:

Unreal show! Crazy seeing one of the biggest bands in world basically playing a "room". Phones were taken beforehand, some people had won tix that included the preshow listening party, but not everyone. Show was intense! Mercy almost def gonna be a single...great chorus

Now a guy on the Muse subreddit is saying there was a pre-show album listening party that only a few lucky people got to go to. His quote, my bolding for emphasis:

interesting...hopefully some of these people visit the forums or the muse reddit

Anyone got any info from the supposed on-stage interview?

To sum it up they talked about the album but there was nothing noteworthy that hasn't been said before by Matt and Dom. They did seem to confirm the fact that the arena concerts will be a stage in the middle with a 360 view. Matt then started talking about the idea flying drones around but then stopped because he realized he was giving too much away.

Also, Matt beatboxed for like 10 seconds at the very beginning :LOL:

EDIT: A riff was played after Reapers (have they done that before yet?), pretty sure it was Township Rebellion.

Edited by bagelsftw

Notes I wrote from the show/interview tonight

mercy starts off with bass and piano (Matt not on the piano), definitely had a starlight vibe to me.

Defector is the darkest the album gets

JFK is the same audio they used to open some shows during BHAR tour.

They've had thoughts of playing the album front to back

Mercy is about fighting oppressive forces

The handler is where the album makes some sort of shift, and it's also Matts favourite song on the album.

Notes I wrote from the show/interview tonight

mercy starts off with bass and piano (Matt not on the piano), definitely had a starlight vibe to me.

Defector is the darkest the album gets

JFK is the same audio they used to open some shows during BHAR tour.

They've had thoughts of playing the album front to back

Mercy is about fighting oppressive forces

The handler is where the album makes some sort of shift, and it's also Matts favourite song on the album.

So Matt totally backtracked what he said about The first half of the album being dark considering Defector comes near the end...but ok thats what I thought based on what we heard. Starlight vibe just fucking killed it for me. One of the most upbeat and positive sounding songs Muse has ever written, not that that is a bad thing inherently but I also think its in Muse's top 3 worst songs they've ever written.

I got a record a Mercy

Do you want it ?

I just heard it from the bootleg a redditor uploaded!

Sounds a bit like Starlight. Piano in beginning, what sounds like synth arpeggios before the chorus, chorus starts "Show me.. MERRRCYYYYY" then I can't make out any other lyrics.