If only he played the guitar parts in the verses that would be pretty sweet overall. I like the visuals too.

I don't know why they don't just use playback for that part if Matt's not gonna play it, sounds a bit awkward/empty without it for me. Still a decent live song though, when I saw it at least.

The keyboard part plays during the verses and it's identical anyways.

Also I've checked some videos on youtube of the drones world tour and is anyone else slightly underwhelmed? I've seen muse 6 times already and the videos on youtube have not excited me at all. Maybe it's just the American shows and they are just getting into the swing of things, but imo there are just too many dates on this world tour I just hope they don't suffer burn out which will create some lacklustre shows.

Performance-wise it's definitely the least exciting they've been for a long time (maybe ever) imo, from what I've seen. Might well be a product of the production again though, since nigh everything's so scripted and they have to focus on trying to give everyone equal face-time, it probably stops them from just having fun.

What makes this stage so much more difficult to move around and assemble?

Taking down/moving scoreboards is one thing apparently. Other than that, maybe the sound stuff is more complicated to set up for a 360 show?

Edited by Jobby

It doesn't look any more complicated, really, other than the drones crap. They appear like they set the upper rigging up around the shit hanging from the ceiling at the first venue, and I have this image of them just standing there realizing they would have to remove all the US arenas' scoreboards in stunned silence.

Which, again, someone should have thought of ahead of time.

it's really not the bulk of it all that's the problem.

rather, put simply -- it's all of the suspended elements. takes a long, long time to lift everything up. and then, once all is in place, quite a bit of everything above has to be aligned with very precise locations down below: all of the moving-head lighting, projectors, sensors, etc.

the stage/platform itself can be constructed in a few hours, with a couple more needed to connect the lighting on it, specifically. hell, even the hydraulic components on the platform are pretty simple to load in place.

however, almost everything else is in mid-air: additional lighting, screens, projectors, the "drones" & the platform upon which they sit; lighting controls; cameras (aside from a couple jibs on the floor); the platform for the crew, a bunch of trusses, etc.

in sum -- aside from, of course, the platform, sound board, instruments, and a couple other miscellaneous items -- the balance of the crap is "in the sky" as it were.

What are the chances of Belfast and Prague also being moved? I live in England and those are the 2 shows I am going to, I was going to book my flights and hotel this weekend but I now have my doubts about doing so!

Also I've checked some videos on youtube of the drones world tour and is anyone else slightly underwhelmed? I've seen muse 6 times already and the videos on youtube have not excited me at all. Maybe it's just the American shows and they are just getting into the swing of things, but imo there are just too many dates on this world tour I just hope they don't suffer burn out which will create some lacklustre shows.

I think Belfast being moved is highly unlikely. As I said earlier it's only a 90 minute drive from Dublin, and Dublin is only getting half of the stage so they could move the other half to Belfast in advance.

it's really not the bulk of it all that's the problem.

rather, put simply -- it's all of the suspended elements. takes a long, long time to lift everything up. and then, once all is in place, quite a bit of everything above has to be aligned with very precise locations down below: all of the moving-head lighting, projectors, sensors, etc.

the stage/platform itself can be constructed in a few hours, with a couple more needed to connect the lighting on it, specifically. hell, even the hydraulic components on the platform are pretty simple to load in place.

however, almost everything else is in mid-air: additional lighting, screens, projectors, the "drones" & the platform upon which they sit; lighting controls; cameras (aside from a couple jibs on the floor); the platform for the crew, a bunch of trusses, etc.

in sum -- aside from, of course, the platform, sound board, instruments, and a couple other miscellaneous items -- the balance of the crap is "in the sky" as it were.

Makes sense. Do you work with this stuff? Maybe you've answered that before but I didn't see that post.

Honestly the stage isn't incredibly more ambituous from a performance standpoint than the past couple of tours so I don't see these issues causing them to strip back. They just probably won't setup a stage in the same way like they avoided the towers when those caused problems.

New drones.

Aftermath sound checked.

I'd be interested to see how Aftermath sounds live

What ever happened to Defector? It sounded pretty meh in the videos from it's debut in Belgium but surely one eh performance wasn't enough to put them off it completely

not saying it would be impressive, just might be better live than on the album

I know, I just can't think of anything I'd rather see less than Aftermath. Maybe Explorers or Guiding Light for the 3rd time.

The first minute with the blues-y guitar would probably be nice but other than that, I imagine it to still be utterly guff. And if there's one thing these sets don't need, it's another slow, soppy, ballad-y love song.

I know, I just can't think of anything I'd rather see less than Aftermath. Maybe Explorers or Guiding Light for the 3rd time.

The first minute with the blues-y guitar would probably be nice but other than that, I imagine it to still be utterly guff. And if there's one thing these sets don't need, it's another slow, soppy, ballad-y love song.

yeah this is true - it's such a shame because up until the first chorus Aftermath had such promise but then.... ahh

If Guiding Light comes back i'm done lmao

I can see a Starlight-FG-Munich Jam-Madness-UD-Revolt-Aftermath run coming at some point in this tour...

I can see a Starlight-FG-Munich Jam-Madness-UD-Revolt-Aftermath run coming at some point in this tour...

Starlight-FG-Munich Jam-Madness-UD-GL-Revolt-Aftermath*

Probably a guitarless Blackout in there too at some point.

tumblr_inline_nx237qvEAs1r1a6xw_540.png

GL wouldn't even surprise me tbh.