How the fuck you gonna complain about something that hasn't even happened? You gonna complain about the sky being pink when it's never even been pink?

God damn.

Fuck specifications Simon. Complaining about shit that hasn't happened like it's gonna be horrible before the fact is dumb.

100% this, whining pre-emptively about old shit is justified but new shit? I'm sure this moaning all just blurs together which is why Muse just sticks to playing the singles

100% this, whining pre-emptively about old shit is justified but new shit? I'm sure this moaning all just blurs together which is why Muse just sticks to playing the singles

You people swear Aftermath will "ruin" the already shitty setlists as though it'll be tacked on as an additional song. I can almost guarantee it will replace UD's slot, UD can't be anything but a placeholder at this point.

Christ :rolleyes:

All I and a couple of other people were saying was that we'd rather not see Aftermath because we don't like the song. It's a pretty natural thing. A bad song is a bad song, I don't see what difference its' age makes.

Also, I don't think anyone said it would 'ruin' the setlists, only that another wank song would (obviously) make them worse. If it did replace UD, that's not really much of an improvement imo. In fact, I'd probably rather see UD tbh.

Christ :rolleyes:

All I and a couple of other people were saying was that we'd rather not see Aftermath because we don't like the song. It's a pretty natural thing. A bad song is a bad song, I don't see what difference its' age makes.

Also, I don't think anyone said it would 'ruin' the setlists, only that another wank song would (obviously) make them worse. If it did replace UD, that's not really much of an improvement imo. In fact, I'd probably rather see UD tbh.

Yes, make them worse, same difference. You have made it very clear you'd rather see any song live besides Aftermath in your last 5 posts, but nonetheless I must clarify that 'bad' is an opinion, "objectively bad" does not exist, "a bad song is a bad song" has no meaning. Your opinions are valid, but collective moaning for pages on end is annoying. I'd rather hear new material than recent material that already has had its heyday. Needless to say we'd all want to hear old material that hasn't been given the treatment it should have had as well, but that isn't happening anytime soon, at least not for the US.

Seriously a few people made one post each on not wanting to see Aftermath live.

Who gives a shit.

This_guy.jpg

Really though I'm just upset that for all we know, the sentiment here for not wanting to see Aftermath might be the same sentiment Muse has for not wanting to play Defector, which is a shame

How the fuck you gonna complain about something that hasn't even happened?

I wouldn't call it complaining about something that hasn't even happened but commenting on something that did actually happen. They did, in fact, soundcheck Aftermath and people voiced their thoughts on the incident. If they restrict Aftermath to their soundchecks then no harm no foul.

Now if they had soundchecked Butterflies & Hurricanes, Micro Cuts or even Defector, I'm guessing that there would have been a different response. The majority of Muse fans are not interested in hearing a shitbreak like Aftermath live.

A couple of observations from the show last night:

1. I really like the 360 set up. It gives the vast majority of the crowd excellent views. They did a great job of rotating the different positions.

2. Crowd was blah. I am used to seeing them in NY and the northeast and this crowd wasn't as into it as what I have experienced in the past.

3. Was happy to get AP, would have preferred CE or Bliss over PIB but I've seen them before so hard to be upset.

4. There is a reason Muse plays these sets in the US. The songs with the loudest reaction were Uprising, madness, UD and Mervy. TIRO and Hysteria close behind. Matt announced PIB as a "very old song." Did his usual trying to get the crowd to sing along and it definitely appeared the majority didn't know the words. The new songs were great. It was my first time seeing Handler, Globalist and Mercy. They were awesome, Revolt is OK live.

5. My one complaint is Matt needs to stop prancing about. Dropping the guitar during starlight and uprising really serves no purpose. It was blatently obvious how much more powerful uprising was when Matt started playing the guitar.

6. Go see the show. You probably not get a rarity (save 2nd night LA and possibly Newark) but The Handler and The Globalist make it totally worth it.

It's not how I like to see him, but admittedly the 360 gives Matt an excuse to be guitar less. Taking every possibility to be as mobile as possible, so not all the songs are static angles.

I saw a couple of videos from Mexico where Matt would spin in a little circle at the mic stand in between lines, when he was playing.

Possibly it's as awkward to play with half the crowd at your back as it would be to watch.

It's not how I like to see him, but admittedly the 360 gives Matt an excuse to be guitar less. Taking every possibility to be as mobile as possible, so not all the songs are static angles.

I saw a couple of videos from Mexico where Matt would spin in a little circle at the mic stand in between lines, when he was playing.

Possibly it's as awkward to play with half the crowd at your back as it would be to watch.

You will see when you go, he runs all over the stage with the guitar. The 360 worked really well. There are plenty of mics for him to have different positions. Not having the guitar does not help him play to the crowd more.

Well, I won't see, but I was just saying that the videos I saw without the guitar, he was able to "perform" a bit more to the crowd, and it kind of made sense with the stage.

If he was just "lazy" why would he have picked the guitar back up for the random Mexican festival?

It's a misguided attempt at being more interactive with the audience.

A couple of observations from the show last night:

1. I really like the 360 set up. It gives the vast majority of the crowd excellent views. They did a great job of rotating the different positions.

2. Crowd was blah. I am used to seeing them in NY and the northeast and this crowd wasn't as into it as what I have experienced in the past.

3. Was happy to get AP, would have preferred CE or Bliss over PIB but I've seen them before so hard to be upset.

4. There is a reason Muse plays these sets in the US. The songs with the loudest reaction were Uprising, madness, UD and Mervy. TIRO and Hysteria close behind. Matt announced PIB as a "very old song." Did his usual trying to get the crowd to sing along and it definitely appeared the majority didn't know the words. The new songs were great. It was my first time seeing Handler, Globalist and Mercy. They were awesome, Revolt is OK live.

5. My one complaint is Matt needs to stop prancing about. Dropping the guitar during starlight and uprising really serves no purpose. It was blatently obvious how much more powerful uprising was when Matt started playing the guitar.

6. Go see the show. You probably not get a rarity (save 2nd night LA and possibly Newark) but The Handler and The Globalist make it totally worth it.

That about matches my expectations. I'm looking forward to the show, and I've accepted that the set won't blow me away. I have no problems with the stage based on what I've seen so far (apart from Morgan being buried), the visuals look pretty damn amazing. My biggest beef is with the song choice and Matt's guitarless prancing about. Biggest disappointment for me would be to get Resistance. That song just rubs me the wrong way...

That about matches my expectations. I'm looking forward to the show, and I've accepted that the set won't blow me away. I have no problems with the stage based on what I've seen so far (apart from Morgan being buried), the visuals look pretty damn amazing. My biggest beef is with the song choice and Matt's guitarless prancing about. Biggest disappointment for me would be to get Resistance. That song just rubs me the wrong way...

Agreed 100% except for the Resistance comment. I'd be upset that it replaced Hysteria, but it works really well live IMO because it captures that theatrical element very well, it did so too during TR I'd say.

Logically I agree with you. But... Muse being Muse it may just end up replacing TIRO.

I wouldn't mind this too much honestly, but if they have to make cuts like that then I'll deal with it, as long as they bring out the new tracks we would otherwise probably never see like Aftermath and Defector. There would be uproar if The Handler got the Defector treatment, surely.