I'm not a massive fan of Dead Inside but it's decent live to be fair, I think it's a lot better in person. I love UD but it's always been naff live, bless it. Madness used to be enjoyable but it's generally pretty guff nowadays since he almost always skips out on both chest notes at the end.

But, yeah, all three in one gig is waaaaay unnecessary. UD's the weakest and least relevant of the three so they need to kill it in place of either a new song or a big old one like New Born or Stockholm (the latter of which would benefit sets much more imo).

Honestly I will never understand people (Clunge, I'm looking at you) who praise Chris for his backing vocals. Every time his mic has been turned up, he's proven to be anything but good.

I think he's got a good, consistent belt on him for stuff like TSP, Dead Star and whatnot but, yeah, his quieter singing has always been a bit shaky. It showed when he did his own songs on the T2L Tour, bless him.

I still say he should do the 'I wish I could' bits in Stockholm tho

I think he's got a good, consistent belt on him for stuff like TSP, Dead Star and whatnot but, yeah, his quieter singing has always been a bit shaky. It showed when he did his own songs on the T2L Tour, bless him.

I still say he should do the 'I wish I could' bits in Stockholm tho

Yeah his belting is cool and pretty consistent.

Hadn't even thought of that. Yeah that would probably sound cool.

I genuinely do like Madness, DI and even UD, but getting them all at the same gig would be horse shit. They're just boring live, especially UD which at this point is insipid. Chris' backing vocals sounded fucking awful in that video as well

His backing vocals on UD have always sounded shit imo

I love Chris' backing vocals, I think they match well with Matt's voice and definitely bring something extra to the live performances of the band. I like it when you can hear him well, like on Stockholm Syndrome or Madness for example.

I certainly think they've improved over the years, and I've not noticed any glaring blunders on a regular basis in recent years - certainly when you compare it to some of the more noticeable issues 2004-2006 (and before that ofc, but I'll cut him some more slack then when it wasn't such a big deal). Some of the early Knights performances, for instance, were pretty shonky. Matt was hardly spot on then either, tbh.

When he had to seriously open his lungs up for Dead Star, Hyper Music, etc, I think he's great.

He can belt, but he can't really do much else, which I think he showed last tour when he sang solo and his backing vocals were louder than usual. Those KoC performances with his mic turned up were awful.

I agree. I also think that Matt's and Chris' vocals don't sound well together. His addition in Follow Me (Bb4? at the end) I do really like. That seems to be easier for him than for Matt. (even though his face says otherwise lol)

tGXpQeC.png

UD has actually become even more pointless.... Matt just hides behind the curtains with a red pair of those flashing glasses he used to wear during uprising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0Wn9n4tEg

At least it sounds better than it did last tour I think? Ah who even knows I just want it to leave

This is a song that has managed to get worse despite not having much left to sink. No Depeche Mode-esque opening, keytar or barrier walk. Is the band even trying anymore?

I'm not a massive fan of Dead Inside but it's decent live to be fair, I think it's a lot better in person.

Dead Inside seems decent enough live but it feels like a mistake to be out doing the high-fiving routine with the audience while singing it. The song sets up the Drones album by describing a relationship gone so horribly bad that the protagonist is susceptible to being turned into a ruthless killing machine. If the band wants this tour to be their "The Wall", then the songs should somehow fit into the theme and concept of the album.

Disappearing from the stage to shake hands and mug for the fans doesn't exactly put out a vibe of emotional devastation.

I love Chris' backing vocals, I think they match well with Matt's voice and definitely bring something extra to the live performances of the band. I like it when you can hear him well, like on Stockholm Syndrome or Madness for example.

Hate to say it but I disagree with you completely :( Chris' backing vocals in the Stockholm Syndrome live choruses really really don't work, especially because they're so loud

So when does Muse generally take the stage/how long does their setlist last ?

I'm a bit short on time and really can't be bothered with the opener so I want to make sure I arrive close to their opening song

Pretty hard to predict this kind of thing given so many variables

He can belt, but he can't really do much else, which I think he showed last tour when he sang solo and his backing vocals were louder than usual. Those KoC performances with his mic turned up were awful.

I think saying he can't do much else is really selling him short. I personally really enjoy his live vocals on stuff like Apocalypse Please, Plug in Baby, and Stockholm Syndrome, as long as his mic isn't turned up so much that it is overpowering, which it has been some recently.

Well ticketmaster says 7:30 PM, the facebook event says 7PM, the arena that hosts the event says 7:30PM-11PM

If I got there by 8:20, I'm guessing I'd be in time for Muse ?

Muse generally are on about 9 for arenas most of the time I think. At least they are whenever they come here.