Maybe the couple of mistakes Matt made during the solo has discouraged them from playing it. Could at least rotate it with Revolt (which would be an unfair rotation, so they might do it).

I don't understand why making mistakes will stop him playing a song. I hope he'll make more mistakes when playing UD and FG then.

Maybe Matt feels uncomfortable without the guitar. Hasn't he already picked it back up for Dead Inside?

I assumed that was just due to the failure to get the guitar on the stand working properly that one time.

^ This, I would assume.

He's been dropping guitar/piano parts for years, don't see why he'd suddenly be uncomfortable with it. He didn't exactly look happy about having to play the guitar part from what I saw either, but maybe that's just me.

Maybe the couple of mistakes Matt made during the solo has discouraged them from playing it. Could at least rotate it with Revolt (which would be an unfair rotation, so they might do it).

Or was just unhappy with how it turned out. Seems to be what happened with MK Ultra too (I think it was one of the first songs they wrote for TR) and Exo-Politics.

When it comes to the setlists we see I guess I am even more disappointed that from half way through the show there is no change at all i.e. once you reach Munich Jam you know what's gonna come.

I understand that The Globalist with its visualization and then KoC as the final song to not change but that the MJ, Madness, UD, Revolt, TIRO, Uprising part never changed up to now is a bit - uhm - boring.

5. My one complaint is Matt needs to stop prancing about. Dropping the guitar during starlight and uprising really serves no purpose. It was blatently obvious how much more powerful uprising was when Matt started playing the guitar.

THIS. THIS THIS THIS. On Saturday every song turned 10 times more epic when the guitar came in, but for Starlight and Uprising Matt was just running around and making us sing. :noey: That might work in Europe, but here? :(

Also, I feel like they're always in the worst possible spot to hear the crowd. When they played AP, Matt went over to the piano at one end, and Chris went to the other end, and where was the crowd that actually knew the song (and was going batshit)? We were belting it out from the sides of the circle, since the VIPs took the middle of it. The band were closest to the very sparse people seated on the ends, the quiet ones that just take pics and clap politely.

*sigh*

AP sounded so good, too! :facemelt:

I can tolerate the lack of guitar, but I HATE the singalong.

I'm the exact opposite :chuckle: I'm fine with sing-along parts, it can be a nicely unifying moment for the crowd (provided they actually sing obvs) and, to an extent, they're almost to be expected. Yeah, I'd prefer it if Matt sang every part and let the crowd sing along of their own volition but it doesn't take away too much for me, and he usually only does it a little bit anyway.

Matt without a guitar is awkward, pointless, adds next-to-nothing in terms of crowd interaction and almost always sounds worse than it would if he played the part imo.

I'm the exact opposite :chuckle: I'm fine with sing-along parts, it can be a nicely unifying moment for the crowd (provided they actually sing obvs) and, to an extent, they're almost to be expected. Yeah, I'd prefer it if Matt sang every part and let the crowd sing along of their own volition but it doesn't take away too much for me, and he usually only does it a little bit anyway.

Matt without a guitar is awkward, pointless, adds next-to-nothing in terms of crowd interaction and almost always sounds worse than it would if he played the part imo.

Maybe guitar-less Matt is just a way of him slowly preparing to deliver the blow that he's quitting Muse. Started with just a couple songs during T2L, now a couple more... it's happening.

Maybe guitar-less Matt is just a way of him slowly preparing to deliver the blow that he's quitting Muse. Started with just a couple songs during T2L, now a couple more... it's happening.

Well, if we wanna get specific, I think him dropping the piano part for New Born on TR Tour was the first example of it.

It's kinda funny actually, thinking about it. IIRC, he said he had the keytar made for UD on that tour despite the fact that he didn't need it because he felt 'naked' and wrong with just a microphone. Weird how quickly that changed.

Morgan.

Morgan's lovely tbf, he'd bring a sense of humbleness at least :chuckle: