Reapers was absolutely amazing live, I was trying to soak it all in and not overanalysing how well his falsetto was used or trying to place riffs or whatever, as a whole it was heavy as hell and I'm standing by that Dead Star 2 comment... for now anyway. I thought it was amazing, certainly one of the most impressive first listens I've had.

Another Reapers video:

Yeah, not really keen on the chorus atm. The whole song seems to be a bit all over the place, one minute it's classic/prog rock, then it's kind of pop-y, then really heavy. That outro sounds incredible though.

Reapers was absolutely amazing live, I was trying to soak it all in and not overanalysing how well his falsetto was used or trying to place riffs or whatever, as a whole it was heavy as hell and I'm standing by that Dead Star 2 comment... for now anyway. I thought it was amazing, certainly one of the most impressive first listens I've had.

The problem I have with the Dead Star 2 comment is Dead Star doesn't have any obvious influence like this song does with about 10 different classic rock songs. It's heavy and that's about all it has in common with Dead Star.

Great set - the sets from 2012 onwards have been so good but this is a step beyond. Is it true they tried to play Assassin and gave up? Guess there's a good chance it'll get added in tomorrow for me then.

Basically Matt said he had read the hashtag on twitter #AssassinForBelfast and he tried it, gave it three attempts then backed out. He said they'll have it sorted for when they come back here on the tour. It wasn't a 'teaser' as such, I genuinely think he bailed because he wasn't sure if he'd mess it up or not.

He looked verrrrrry nervous at points, esp before Reapers - lots of deep breaths.

Also re: The Troubles stuff - it was Matt who had a family member shot (his uncle, I think). I think a lot of it was lost in translation because of the chatting in the crowd so all we heard was something about the Troubles in 1979 and then Uprising started. It was a little awkward but sure, no harm was meant.

Best Muse gig I have ever been to and I'm glad we missed the garbage of TR and T2L.

Basically Matt said he had read the hashtag on twitter #AssassinForBelfast and he tried it, gave it three attempts then backed out. He said they'll have it sorted for when they come back here on the tour. It wasn't a 'teaser' as such, I genuinely think he bailed because he wasn't sure if he'd mess it up or not.

He looked verrrrrry nervous at points, esp before Reapers - lots of deep breaths.

Also re: The Troubles stuff - it was Matt who had a family member shot (his uncle, I think). I think a lot of it was lost in translation because of the chatting in the crowd so all we heard was something about the Troubles in 1979 and then Uprising started. It was a little awkward but sure, no harm was meant.

Best Muse gig I have ever been to and I'm glad we missed the garbage of TR and T2L.

Thanks for the update! What did you think of Reapers?

Basically Matt said he had read the hashtag on twitter #AssassinForBelfast and he tried it, gave it three attempts then backed out. He said they'll have it sorted for when they come back here on the tour.

Hmm, so it's unlikely to pop up on this tour then? :(