I've heard negative political songs on the radio.

No one batted an eye at American Idiot, either.

And that's a weak example.

True. But American Idiot also sucked. lol. Besides the point. I have a feeling the direction I mentioned is correct but how far Muse can take it that it is "too offensive for radio" has me stumped.

True. But American Idiot also sucked. lol. Besides the point. I have a feeling the direction I mentioned is correct but how far Muse can take it that it is "too offensive for radio" has me stumped.

We don't know this song doesn't suck, and that's irrelevant to inappropriate content. I don't think you're wrong, I just sort of feel like it's another publicity stunt or something.

Radio 1 didn't really demote Muse; they said it would depend on the next record.

But yes, there are other radio stations, and lets face it, they don't really need Radio 1 to hype it enough for them. The internet will market it plenty.

Radio 1 honestly said that he last album didn't have good enough singles, but if future ones were better, they'd play them. It seriously means nothing other than "Panic Station isn't our cup of tea" and people are making such a big deal out of it.

Inb4 "still better than all the mainstream pop shit that they play".

This. Are famous people not allowed to make jokes nowadays without everyone thinking they're being serious? :rolleyes:

He wasnt kidding you people. Christ. You'd all rather believe some Zane Lowe conjecture trash based on nothing and ignore what comes straight from the horse's mouth? Logical.

What about BBC radio 6? i like it and they play some good music. Every time i turn to radio 1 (during the day, i don't know in the evening..) it is all about pop music, top 40stuff...

That's probably my favourite station. :) although I think with Zane there is more chance (if any) of it being premiered on Radio1

wait..what exactly will Zane do at apple? Maybe he will premiere it through apple, somehow..not like U2 on ipod but.....maybe?

nothing that will have immediate effect. He will be working with Jimmy Iovine on Beat's new radio service.