thing is, Muse fans have this thing for looking for deeper hidden messages within things when 9 times out of 10 it's the most logical face value information.

Looking at the Drone pic. it's June 2015. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aren't you kinda doing the same thing by assuming that those four, quite possibly random numbers are the release date of the album?

Aren't you kinda doing the same thing by assuming that those four, quite possibly random numbers are the release date of the album?

They put them on the picture. The regular picture had nothing on the drone. So any chance Muse just photoshopped 4 random numbers on a picture would be a big troll move.

They put them on the picture. The regular picture had nothing on the drone. So any chance Muse just photoshopped 4 random numbers on a picture would be a big troll move.

I think it'd make most sense for it to just read as 06/15, 15 being the year rather than date. I mean considering the tour kicks off on the 28th or 29th, I forget, 06/15 may well mean June 1st. I think that would be a good move

Can I be a hypebreaker? (don't worry nothing will change in the end)

A few things... Last Monday was an empty schedule for 'Hottest Record' on Zane Lowe's program. The hype started that day with several hint that something was coming. We ended the day with nothing and eventually Matt tweeted something about it being "Too offensive for radio".

This is speculation, but I can't prove it wrong, so I'll share it here. What if Muse were to air their single last Monday, but BBC didn't except this product as they think it's another title without actual single quality. So BBC made their decision that they're done with Muse and now they (Muse) have to make a new plan. First thought, they have to get rid of the rumors that a new single will be aired any time soon. This is where Matt's tweet comes in. 'Too offensive' might not be about the track itself, but rather about that it doesn't follow the standard that BBC Radio 1 had in mind. The band, naturally pissed off need to make another plan, but this tweet might me more guided to the fans who listen to BBC for the hope of hearing Muse. Bottom line: Don't listen to the radio if you want to hear Muse.

So If this is true.. that would explain that the May release will be pushed back to June (what I get from that drone picture). Now since BBC Radio 1 isn't the only radio station in the UK that matters, I assume a new plan is made for the promotion of their first single. All they need is a little more time to get it right.

The positive note in this scenario is that Muse won't bend to corporations and stay true to themselves. Isn't that what started the rock genre to begin with? ;)

@Grumly, I like the way you worded all of that so I'll respond as such. I highly doubt Muse would push back any of their releases due to a controversial single, much less push back the entire album because of something like this. Muse likely never expected to air this track on the radio, so it wouldn't concern them that it would get no air time because they explicitly selected it as a lead single.

He has said in the past that he has what fans want in his mind when he writes music

Speaks to what's going on then. He knows what the fans want, and could care less about what he "needs" to get radio play. It makes sense. So we'll all like it, but the radio wouldn't/doesn't.

Speaks to what's going on then. He knows what the fans want, and could care less about what he "needs" to get radio play. It makes sense. So we'll all like it, but the radio wouldn't/doesn't.

Please, if you're being realistic you would know a band like Muse wouldn't make a single that's literally too offensive for the radio.

Please, if you're being realistic you would know a band like Muse wouldn't make a single that's literally too offensive for the radio.

:rolleyes::noey::facepalm:

If you were being sensible, you would know you can't come to expect anything from Muse because their lead singles tend to be designed to be full of shock value, and that's the only expectation one can realistically have.

I think Muse's track record proves that they don't care what anyone thinks (not even their fans honestly) I don't think they need to air a catchy radio single to gain any more fame. They have enough of that. They probably feel the internet is enough promotion for this single. Who honestly listens to the radio anymore anyways?

I think Muse's track record proves that they don't care what anyone thinks (not even their fans honestly) I don't think they need to air a catchy radio single to gain any more fame. They have enough of that. They probably feel the internet is enough promotion for this single. Who honestly listens to the radio anymore anyways?

This all the way. Muse is big enough to pull a Death Grips and still make money off of anything they put out. I myself only listen to the radio when I band I'm interested is going to air a single of theirs, which is next to never. The radio is useless when you have things like Spotify.