Yeah, I remember there was a scuffle for Dom's stick(s?) both at Birmingham and the Leicester gig the same year I think but as I say, I don't recall the guitar incident.

yep i remember it, i was in the crowd then got out and saw the rest on the balcony, he threw the guitar in the crowd, it was the yamaha with the squier neck, i remember when the gig ended i saw it at the mixing desk in the middle of the venue, i think i had £70 on me and i tried to offer the sound guys a bit to buy it! haha, was a killer gig, the origin of symmetry tour! good good times! :D

yep i remember it, i was in the crowd then got out and saw the rest on the balcony, he threw the guitar in the crowd, it was the yamaha with the squier neck, i remember when the gig ended i saw it at the mixing desk in the middle of the venue, i think i had £70 on me and i tried to offer the sound guys a bit to buy it! haha, was a killer gig, the origin of symmetry tour! good good times! :D

I guess no one recognized it when it went up for sale - probably would've went for thousands otherwise.

Matt's old peavey wolfgang (the main one) was posted for sale not long ago, but judging by what it went for in 2008... I'll pass.

I don't know about the whole repair that was done to it either. I don't think that would increase the value, but would it decrease it?

I would go, but the street party at Hogmanay is an odd place. Also tickets are £50 and Biffy will likely play 5 or 6 songs before heading off. Not worth it in my view, would rather spend the night in Hive... :eyebrows:

I wonder if I'll be called out for that.

They played 17 songs last time they were there! Still perhaps not worth the £50, but y'know... New Year

I've never been but it's apparently brilliant, even without Biffy.

I would go, but the street party at Hogmanay is an odd place. Also tickets are £50 and Biffy will likely play 5 or 6 songs before heading off. Not worth it in my view, would rather spend the night in Hive... :eyebrows:

I wonder if I'll be called out for that.

Hive's an odd place too :LOL:

Had a go on an OP-1 today, pretty good fun once you get your head around the navigation. Very stupid how the tape deck doesn't have a proper undo function. Recorded some pretty cool sounds but one of my main problems is that it is hard to create a great sound on the synth without using loads of external effects. Haven't got any sound clips I made so here's the video from Muse's Instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/z8iyZInXeE/

They're playing in Edinburgh at Hogmanay. Need to see if tickets are still available.

go on

or is it too late now?

Another song I wish I saw/need to see. They probably would've played it too if I asked them that time before their gig :$ felt like I was asking for too much after a picture and autographs though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTk_v9cQv34

go on

or is it too late now?

Another song I wish I saw/need to see. They probably would've played it too if I asked them that time before their gig :$ felt like I was asking for too much after a picture and autographs though

The tickets for near the stage are sold out, but there's some left for further away I think. I'll probably just wait for Biffy's next tour now

go on

or is it too late now?

Oh man, I really fucking miss those Barras gigs... everything I went to for a few months after just seemed a little bit... not Barras...

Getting to go backstage before the gig on the last night to watch the soundcheck and hand over the fan books is pretty much the highlight of my life

Oh man, I really fucking miss those Barras gigs... everything I went to for a few months after just seemed a little bit... not Barras...

Getting to go backstage before the gig on the last night to watch the soundcheck and hand over the fan books is pretty much the highlight of my life

Those feels

And how did you manage that? Must have been great to watch the soundcheck

My experience meeting them in 2013 was interesting. I got my infinity land CD booklet signed, and a picture... during that, I ended up dropping my phone and breaking the screen :facepalm: Didn't help that I was a bit nervous, but they couldn't have been nicer. Even got a compliment from Simon about my Mansions fanboi shirt (which I might have worn intentionally...)

At least I have a better chance of them remembering me for next time.

Looks like they are only talking about the writing and pre production stage, I'm sure they would have used real amps for recording

“During the writing and pre–production phase they tend to be mainly computer–based, so Matt uses soft synths, and [Modartt] Pianoteq for the piano sounds, because it is very tweakable, and for his guitar sound he uses a Kemper Profiler amp, which they also use live. I do the profiling for them, and it means that they have the same sounds that we achieve in the studio at home, and live. For example, I have created profiles for all Matt’s Vox, Marshall, Diezel and Fender amps. During writing and pre-production Matt’s focus is more on the musical content than the actual sound, and he can easily sketch things out using these sounds. He plugs his guitar into the Kemper and that into Pro Tools, and that’s it. He may be writing for a month, and then I’ll come in and do a general clean–up of his sessions, some fixing, some sound programming of synths and beats, and perhaps some rough mixes of his ideas.”

:-)

I imagine with actual recordings they used the normal amps and just had a profiler on hand in case they got a nice sound that they wanted to keep. Although I can't specifically remember seeing any actual amps on the making of video but you can see the Kempers in their touring rigs around the studio. Plus they only do 44.1kHz sample rate, which obviously isn't a massive issue and there are workarounds (although if they recorded the session in 92/24 anyway)/can just connect it using the analogue outputs

Were there any amps seen in the instagram pics?

Later on in the article he says they used a 1959 Marshall, a VH4, some '60s Vox amps, a modified Ampeg V4 with Mills Acoustic cabinets, and some old Fender combos for recording.

Did someone here buy one of the turkish distortion pedals, and if so is it any good?

EDIT:

Were there any amps seen in the instagram pics?

Don't think so, but there was that Roland one that appeared as a wallpaper on .mu. Isn't mentioned in the sos thing though.

Edited by nerd herd

I bought what I thought was one of those turkish distortion pedals. It didn't do anything.

But then Matt's looked slightly different, so it was probably modified :ninja:

I've not heard of him using any Fender combos (unless they're referring to the hot rod from the showbiz era?) but in the making of, there was the ampeg head (V2 or V4 it seems), the diezel, and I'm sure I saw that really old Marshall JTM 45.

I imagine he used that 100 watt modified marshall too (the one he's had since BHAR) but I can't remember seeing it

I've not heard of him using any Fender combos (unless they're referring to the hot rod from the showbiz era?) but in the making of, there was the ampeg head (V2 or V4 it seems), the diezel, and I'm sure I saw that really old Marshall JTM 45

It says the Fenders were only used for the first part of The Globalist. Can kind of see one in the Instagram video with the telecaster.