Hmm, guess sarcasm is hard to gauge on the internets.

He has a deal with Fender.

Just a bit literally had no clue that you were being sarcastic :LOL: Probably should have realised as your pretty clued up but you get so many people on forums that seem to know nothing about anything that I'm never sure anymore.

To save me here is the new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSu5K9KC49w

Just waiting for BBC to upload the full gig so we can get a proshot! Sounds pretty catchy though :)

I can only speak from personal experiance, but why do acts attempt to try out brand new music at festivals? All it does is kill the vibe. Do a cover or something if you need to eat up time, otherwise the crowd just stand there like zombies not knowing the lyrics or the drops.

One of my favourite bands Twin Atlantic were on the R&L mainstage 2 years ago, everyone in the crowd was hyped, they come and open with a brand new song that they have only played once before .... Killed the mood straight away.

This will probably only be of interest to rust_relic, but if anyone remembers that weird amp switcher Matt used during the showbiz tour...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d6dq4Y7r-g

I've found out it was made by these guys (you can see the logo about 35 seconds into the video)

http://www.orchid-electronics.co.uk/index.htm

Looks like it was either discontinued, or was a one off. Any ideas?

I can only speak from personal experiance, but why do acts attempt to try out brand new music at festivals? All it does is kill the vibe. Do a cover or something if you need to eat up time, otherwise the crowd just stand there like zombies not knowing the lyrics or the drops.

One of my favourite bands Twin Atlantic were on the R&L mainstage 2 years ago, everyone in the crowd was hyped, they come and open with a brand new song that they have only played once before .... Killed the mood straight away.

Been to a few shows like that, but yeah, I assume it's easy to forget your audience doesn't know the new song you're really excited about if you've been playing it for months in private. I suppose they have to get out there and start playing them at some point, but any time pre-release and there is a point where it can get excessive if you're only playing new stuff. Some bands are particularly bad for it though, and it does get annoying after a while.

Hi James. :ninja:

Been to a few shows like that, but yeah, I assume it's easy to forget your audience doesn't know the new song you're really excited about if you've been playing it for months in private. I suppose they have to get out there and start playing them at some point, but any time pre-release and there is a point where it can get excessive if you're only playing new stuff. Some bands are particularly bad for it though, and it does get annoying after a while.

Hi James. :ninja:

Hi Bs

_pAPrPCpnRQ

Any opinions regarding warmoth necks? I want to build a guitar fast for a covers gig I have so I might get a neck made.

I like them. The fretwork hasn't been perfect on the ones I've got, but otherwise, no problems really

I've got one on order at the minute actually - should be about six weeks, but that's for a neck being built to order with a gloss finish

Fretwork not being perfect is a concern. No issues with the frets needing levelling or anything like that?? Will seriously look into it.

They warn when ordering from them that a fret levelling may be required. Mine maybe could have taken the slightest levelling, but it wasn't nearly enough of an issue that I pursued it. Mine played great with just the truss rod adjustment.

Fretwork not being perfect is a concern. No issues with the frets needing levelling or anything like that?? Will seriously look into it.

The last three necks I got from them (no idea about the previous ones) were all very similar in the way of fretwork. Two of them were forwarded to someone else :ninja: but the one I still have did need a slight fret leveling from what I remember. To give you an idea, I originally thought there was a noticeable dip in the middle of the neck with no strings on, but I guess it was just the frets giving that illusion? Not sure, but the fretboard itself didn't need any work and after a slight leveling, it looks normal.

You should check out musikraft though. I've only got one neck from them so far, but everything was level right out of the box as far as I'm aware. Very impressive quality overall.

Oh and also... I've got another collaboration happening with someone on here. Would there be any reason not to use roasted swamp ash for the body? Mainly concerned about the strength of the wood I guess

They warn when ordering from them that a fret levelling may be required. Mine maybe could have taken the slightest levelling, but it wasn't nearly enough of an issue that I pursued it. Mine played great with just the truss rod adjustment.

Not sure if yours was much different from mine, but considering how the frets were originally, I don't think I could've adjusted the neck properly. I do prefer them set with almost no relief though.

Thanks, will change check them out. Might work out cheaper on shipping etc too.

I wouldn't have a problem using roasted ash, provided the wood is stabilized before cutting etc. Ash is pretty fibrous and tough so it should be fine. Don't think it would get brittle.

I don't know how you did that, I've literally only just come on! :LOL:

I'd say that's either madness or brilliance, but it's not...

...It's Dead Inside...*shifty eyes*

It's easy when I'm waiting online all day for you :(

I've heard madness and dead inside, but brilliance?

71e.jpg

Not really sure where to post this, hopefully here is the right place.

I just bought a digitech whammy on impulse, it's great fun.

http://imgur.com/a/3v5hT

Anyone know how Matt plays the solo parts on reapers? Because at the beginning, he strikes above the nut at 1(or 2) octaves up, then does the whole solo part, then once it's at the 15th fret at the high e string he's switched to down one octave and then for the tremolo part he's going up one octave. Does he have a guitar tech to do this for him or am I missing a specific setting. Cheers.