Okay okay! So im really stuck here, and now I have the chance to buy an axe fx 2 for 1000£ 10 min from where I live... Should I go for it? Or get the kemper. I want lots of possibilities with effects, great amps and recording possibilities as well as easy ground control...

With AXE you get a lot of FX, a huge variety in tone. But with Kemper you can copy any amp you want. AXE FX has Tone Matching option but it can't get really close tone, that Kemper can.

electronics lads help me out

is there any reason in a dual p90 setup you couldn't have two missippi queen style p90s in the bridge only/series/parallel configuration? Would it be too hot or something? Surely a motherbucker would still be hotter?

Forever tweaking the jazz, got a few things in mind

That's not unlike a setup I'm planning for my p90 guitar. I'm going to wire them like a humbucker with a coil split dial.

So it's perfectly alright then? Cool

On the tweaking list for jazz:

maybe the new MQ style pickups

HAP tuners (I have some kinda matte grey-ish 510 tuners, not HAP. Dunnp if anyone would want them? Would mean I can then afford the HAPs as I don't have a string tree)

a different bridge, Bigsby is ok but just not for me, considering Evertune but not sure

And if I do get another bridge would need bigsby holes filled in, so might just get it all black instead of sunburst

I can't see it being a problem, although I think for the most part it'll sound like a p90 guitar in middle position rather than a humbucker. Don't quote me on that, its just a hunch.

Yeah, if anyone else has any idea that can back it up that'll be cool. To be honest, most of the time I think I'm using it with just the bridge pickup alone, but it's nice to have the options

I'll probably be doing a wiring diagram for it as a spin-a-split this week. It'll end up with 2 pickups but with 1 tone, 1 volume, and instead of a pickup selector switch, another pot that blends from bridge to both. So the neck is only ever used when its paired with the bridge pickup

James you are mysteriously gifted at searching the web, and may know anyway...

Do you know where I can find a 6 in line set of Gotoh 510 HAPs, preferably in the UK and preferably in satin. If I can find a set I'll also have a satin set of 510s just not HAPs for sale

That's not unlike a setup I'm planning for my p90 guitar. I'm going to wire them like a humbucker with a coil split dial.

Also, hi James

http://i57.tinypic.com/29m6b2q.jpg

#steak

wait, are you building three of these valve driven peddles?

I would suggest that a series/parallel option would be more useful.

yeah that

also, my DSL has been repaired. Just needed the main board replaced and the pots and switches cleaned.

James you are mysteriously gifted at searching the web, and may know anyway...

Do you know where I can find a 6 in line set of Gotoh 510 HAPs, preferably in the UK and preferably in satin. If I can find a set I'll also have a satin set of 510s just not HAPs for sale

No idea about UK dealers, but there's that one in Canada which seems to have the full catalog.

http://www.japarts.ca/Gotoh/Gotoh-Products-Featured.asp

I haven't bought from them, but sidious911 has

No idea about UK dealers, but there's that one in Canada which seems to have the full catalog.

http://www.japarts.ca/Gotoh/Gotoh-Products-Featured.asp

I haven't bought from them, but sidious911 has

I purchased from JAParts, they don't carry anything, but instead they deal directly with Gotoh. So you can order anything from their catalogue, any style, with any button, in any color with any features (locking, HAP, etc).

Ah right cool. I'll see if they can ship to UK for a reasonable price. Got one more student loan before I finish uni, how terrifying

Total n00b question which I deserve to be slated for. I've been offered a DT at a great price, but was looking for a 5, so now I'm stuck on the fence.

Is the DigiTech Whammy DT (apart from the pitch shifter) pretty much the same as the Whammy 5? Any major or discernible differences?

It's not the same, it tracks better and is less glitchy than the 5, which is less glitchy than the 4. It's therefore shit and you must seek out a 4 no matter the cost. Also, the MIDI assignments are different I think?

Personally, i'd go for the DT if I had the space and it was a good deal.

Also, the MIDI assignments are different I think?

This is a crucial factor for some. There is no global On/Off signal for the 5/DT. Each program has a different code to be sent for on and off, making it harder to interface with a touch pad. If you aren't doing MIDI in that sense, it wont be an issue for you.

Daaamn James, spoilers :(

Were you going to one of the shows? They've been switching the songs at every show, so I don't think anything got spoiled .. unfortunately

citizen erased and muscle museum are still the two songs I really want to see. I figure I have a much better chance of seeing CE, but even then...

for those of you who use MIDI what's the best MIDI foot controller to get? I'm looking at getting a Boss Footswitch to control my whammy with but for other stompboxes and an Axe Fx i'm not really sure which ones the best to get for it's price as they're all quite costly