They've been playing this riff live for years. I'm excited to hear it in its own song finally!

It seems to be combined with that riff they played before liquid state in that japan pro shot too.

I actually hadn't seen that before, I see he has the missing third of Angus's sound that being the wireless system as I always find you can get two thirds of his sound easy but that last bit needed to nail his sound seems to be down to the wireless system. I know you can actually buya pedal that sounds the same as the effect created by his wireless system but it's too much moment for me so :(

Great cover though!

Does that wireless system alter the tone a noticeable amount then? I know EVH had the same one back in the 70s, but people only just took notice it seems

It seems to be combined with that riff they played before liquid state in that japan pro shot too.

Does that wireless system alter the tone a noticeable amount then? I know EVH had the same one back in the 70s, but people only just took notice it seems

Sort of yes, it's not like a massive wow that's obvious but when you hear an SG and Marshall with it and without there is a difference. Angus clearly thinks so as he used it in the studio as well :)

And I'm so hyped for the album now that possibly one of the catchiest riffs muse have ever written is going to make it in to a song :)

to buy a new manson or an axe fx ....

Personally I would get the Manson first, by the time you can afford an Axe FX they would have likely brought out a newer version of it anyway......

2006 - Axe FX Standard

2008 - Axe FX Ultra

2011 - Axe FX II

2014 - Axe FX II XL

:)

Personally I would get the Manson first, by the time you can afford an Axe FX they would have likely brought out a newer version of it anyway......

2006 - Axe FX Standard

2008 - Axe FX Ultra

2011 - Axe FX II

2014 - Axe FX II XL

:)

hm yeah that's true, their timeline points towards perhaps a newer model next year - only thing is the Axe Fx is just so easy to use and it would be awesome for the recording stuff i've got coming up

hm yeah that's true, their timeline points towards perhaps a newer model next year - only thing is the Axe Fx is just so easy to use and it would be awesome for the recording stuff i've got coming up

Have you used one? The number of tone sculpting options it has is overwhelming. I don't even know what half of these options do, so I usually just stick to the default ones.

I need to get a powered cabinet and floorboard for mine. Running it into the FX return of another amp is an option, but that's not getting the most out of it. Sounds so different depending on the power amp its being run through.

I think I've found a good one though... just waiting for them to release it...

What rust_relic said is pretty accurate as well... but even if it becomes obsolete when they release a new model, it's still a useful bit of gear. I know that many people still use the ultra... not sure about the standard though.

Have you used one? The number of tone sculpting options it has is overwhelming. I don't even know what half of these options do, so I usually just stick to the default ones.

I need to get a powered cabinet and floorboard for mine. Running it into the FX return of another amp is an option, but that's not getting the most out of it. Sounds so different depending on the power amp its being run through.

I think I've found a good one though... just waiting for them to release it...

What rust_relic said is pretty accurate as well... but even if it becomes obsolete when they release a new model, it's still a useful bit of gear. I know that many people still use the ultra... not sure about the standard though.

I like the sound of the Axe Fx in all honesty, I've seen a lot of people talk about the Kemper but I think the Axe Fx is a better all round unit, even if the Kemper's amps are better. I probably won't be using it through an amp as it would be straight into a laptop for recording and most likely into a PA for live shows. I just don't know whether it's worth paying the money and then the extra for the MIDI floor board and rack case etc

I like the sound of the Axe Fx in all honesty, I've seen a lot of people talk about the Kemper but I think the Axe Fx is a better all round unit, even if the Kemper's amps are better. I probably won't be using it through an amp as it would be straight into a laptop for recording and most likely into a PA for live shows.

I don't know if the second sentence was meant to follow on from the first but the Kemper can do all that completely fine. The effects in it are ok as well

what foot controller do you use james?

I don't have one yet. It's been sitting here gathering dust while I'm stuck in the past playing my all valve amp :$ But really, I'm just waiting for a certain company to release a powered cabinet so I can complete this setup.

I like the sound of the Axe Fx in all honesty, I've seen a lot of people talk about the Kemper but I think the Axe Fx is a better all round unit, even if the Kemper's amps are better. I probably won't be using it through an amp as it would be straight into a laptop for recording and most likely into a PA for live shows. I just don't know whether it's worth paying the money and then the extra for the MIDI floor board and rack case etc

I don't know if they can be compared to each other really. The axe FX is meant to be a full blown effects, amp, cabinet, etc modeler, while the kemper's main purpose is profiling amps.

If I had the choice, I'd go for the axe FX for versatility, but if I wanted to profile some specific amps accurately (and also have access to loads of other profiles) then I'd get the kemper.

I don't know if the second sentence was meant to follow on from the first but the Kemper can do all that completely fine. The effects in it are ok as well

Have you tried profiling any amps yet? I'm really curious about that. I haven't tried the equivalent feature on the axe FX, but it's a bit different from what I can tell. It seems that you base it around an existing patch, and it just matches it as closely as possible.

Or is it the same with the kemper?

Yep I'm going can't wait just somehow need to get 6 more tickets tomorrow for the rest of my rather large family/friends entourage :)

I literally can't wait, the dome is my favourite venue ever and seeing muse that close up will be mind blowing, plus new songs of course :D