it's actually the guy from Defined Tenshuns. :LOL:

The power supply seems to be working perfectly, so I'll be developing it out a bit tonight. It's going to be a desperately simple circuit.

On a separate note, I think i might have come across a schematic for a dickinson amp.

On a separate note, I think i might have come across a schematic for a dickinson amp.

Do tell... is it similar to a marshall JTM45? I found some hi res pictures of the MK II a while back, and it wasn't all that different from what I could see.

Wish I still had the D1 pictures. I hope you saved them.

I do know that these amps use the type of master volume that makes the stock presence control somewhat useless, so they leave the presence control out completely... I imagine it just has a fixed resistor in place of it.

nice one, what model is that one exactly? I'm really not a fan of any of the current ones they're doing, but I've mainly looked at LPs so far.

sort of unrelated, but I played a 70's SG not long ago and liked it a lot. Through the old Marshall they had, it was pretty much instant AC/DC. Sorry you couldn't be there, Witz :supersad:

edit:

I'm pretty sure this was the exact guitar.

https://reverb.com/item/483495-gibson-sg-standard-1979-walnut

nice one, what model is that one exactly? I'm really not a fan of any of the current ones they're doing, but I've mainly looked at LPs so far.

sort of unrelated, but I played a 70's SG not long ago and liked it a lot. Through the old Marshall they had, it was pretty much instant AC/DC. Sorry you couldn't be there, Witz :supersad:

edit:

Its a 50s Tribute, funny enough, SGs didn't even come out until 62 iirc. It has a 'prototype' stamp on the back of the headstock since it wasn't a real thing yet. Beautiful 50s neck, and the P90s are great. I couldn't say no to that price! It's a 2013 too, I cannot stand anything in the 2014/2015 lines.

Its a 50s Tribute, funny enough, SGs didn't even come out until 62 iirc. It has a 'prototype' stamp on the back of the headstock since it wasn't a real thing yet. Beautiful 50s neck, and the P90s are great. I couldn't say no to that price! It's a 2013 too, I cannot stand anything in the 2014/2015 lines.

That's weird. Maybe it's just the truss rod cover that says 50's tribute, and was a left over from a 50's tribute LP?

Looks good anyway. 2013 was the last of the good ones it seems, now they're trying this whole innovation thing and failing miserably :facepalm:

Also, Niel... do you recall any people that 3D print custom guitars? I heard from someone the other day that one guy is doing this for around $4k, but I have no idea who it is.

That's weird. Maybe it's just the truss rod cover that says 50's tribute, and was a left over from a 50's tribute LP?

Nope was an actual run of 50s SG tributes that Gibson did. They stamp the back with prototype to be able to explain why there is a 50s tribute to something that didn't exist in the 50s ha. It was released alongside the 50s tribute LPs which also had P90s.

Need to find myself some Ivory tulip tuners for it, hate grover kidney beans.

Looks good anyway. 2013 was the last of the good ones it seems, now they're trying this whole innovation thing and failing miserably :facepalm:

Also, Niel... do you recall any people that 3D print custom guitars? I heard from someone the other day that one guy is doing this for around $4k, but I have no idea who it is.

There is a few companies doing it but they're a bit on the gimmicky side. I'll have a look over the next day or so

Nope was an actual run of 50s SG tributes that Gibson did. They stamp the back with prototype to be able to explain why there is a 50s tribute to something that didn't exist in the 50s ha. It was released alongside the 50s tribute LPs which also had P90s.

Need to find myself some Ivory tulip tuners for it, hate grover kidney beans.

Really? if those are similar to the green ones that come standard (or came standard before this robot nonsense) then I'd keep the grovers just because of the quality alone

There is a few companies doing it but they're a bit on the gimmicky side. I'll have a look over the next day or so

I wonder if it's possible to make an accurate replica of that airline guitar Jack White used, since that was plastic as well

edit:

That's a lovely looking SG, very similar to mine actually. There is something pure about an SG being plugged straight into an amp and being transport to the world of AC/DC :D

And that is a sweet looking SG sidious911, is it your first?

I had an Epiphone one at some point..

2076-desktop.jpg

I hated the thing and got rid of it. I ordered this one on impulse due to the price, figured if I still didn't like it I could flip it and make a few bucks on it. Turned out just loving the thing, can't put it down now.

And James, yea I want those kind of tuners. I have a set of Grover vintage tulip tuners on my les paul, they work great. I could drop in another pair of those, or possibly the Gotoh ones, since so far I've had great tuners from them.

Someone suggested it was an ear plug. Not sure why he'd need a string dampener in this case (assuming that's the purpose), unless the sustainer is on

also, just noticed the 11th will mark my 10th year on this board. :stunned: 3 posts away from 25,000 as well....

Jabnit signed up the day after me. It was a good first day on this board at least.... got called an ass by Matthijs after making my first post :chuckle:

Hmm ok then. I'd definitely see if Gotoh makes a drop in replacement either way

Also, Witz....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvv6Sl3RLro

I actually hadn't seen that before, I see he has the missing third of Angus's sound that being the wireless system as I always find you can get two thirds of his sound easy but that last bit needed to nail his sound seems to be down to the wireless system. I know you can actually buya pedal that sounds the same as the effect created by his wireless system but it's too much moment for me so :(

Great cover though!