Anyone here have much experience regarding the whole international shipping issue? Trying to find out options for getting my amp over to Thailand, and they seem pretty limited. A lot of the courier services I'm familiar with only go up to 30 kg, and I know the amp is 35 kg (though volumetric weight might be more like 45 kg). Had a quick look at people like GHL and Fedex, and they offer services up to 70 kg, but they're also ridiculously expensive, mainly I think because the services are intended for delivery in just a couple of days. I'd be happy to have delivery within 1-2 weeks at a lower price but I really don't know where to look. Any tips?

Anyone here have much experience regarding the whole international shipping issue? Trying to find out options for getting my amp over to Thailand, and they seem pretty limited. A lot of the courier services I'm familiar with only go up to 30 kg, and I know the amp is 35 kg (though volumetric weight might be more like 45 kg). Had a quick look at people like GHL and Fedex, and they offer services up to 70 kg, but they're also ridiculously expensive, mainly I think because the services are intended for delivery in just a couple of days. I'd be happy to have delivery within 1-2 weeks at a lower price but I really don't know where to look. Any tips?

What are the courier services that go up to 30kg? Fedex or UPS would be the best bet really. There are services like parcel2go/interparcel/etc that can get cheaper rates, but they don't fully insure musical instruments... can't imagine why...

Thought about it, but just not that excited about the acts. Contemplated getting a day to jet to see muse but again, not value for money as the other acts are not that interesting.

Tl:dr: nope.

Edited by Jaicen

I'm very disappointed by the UK festivals line-ups... Only Glasto should be ok. I've been to Reading/Leeds for few years now and it is just incredibly bad this year.

Werchter in Belgium has the best line-up by far. Never been there and don't know about the atmosphere, but it's a pretty big one. Muse, Kasabian, Foo Fighters, Gallagher, Royal Blood, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Mumford and Sons, Enter Shikari etc etc.

Edited by Lozo

May do

all three days? I'd only be going for the second. Only spending a week there, so I can't forget about Mansons and whatever I didn't see in london last time (specifically nandos)

Oh and those raspberry milkshakes from that cafe next to Mansons. :facemelt:

all three days? I'd only be going for the second. Only spending a week there, so I can't forget about Mansons and whatever I didn't see in london last time (specifically nandos)

Oh and those raspberry milkshakes from that cafe next to Mansons. :facemelt:

I have a small dilemma with festival choices this summer. Definitely want to go to some if I can afford and probably will go ATG, but would like to go to a 'bigger' one as well. All my friends go to Reading and unless they really pull it out the bag on the lower stages I just don't fancy paying £200 for a ticket plus probs another £200 in general just to go camping with friends watching bands I don't really care about. Tempted a little for Download at the moment, and I've been gigs on my own but never a festival on my own... dunno. Would probably go whole weekend though. Maybe

I have a small dilemma with festival choices this summer. Definitely want to go to some if I can afford and probably will go ATG, but would like to go to a 'bigger' one as well. All my friends go to Reading and unless they really pull it out the bag on the lower stages I just don't fancy paying £200 for a ticket plus probs another £200 in general just to go camping with friends watching bands I don't really care about. Tempted a little for Download at the moment, and I've been gigs on my own but never a festival on my own... dunno. Would probably go whole weekend though. Maybe

What about glastonb--- never mind.

I can't justify going one day for one band really, but then I don't know what I'll be doing for half the trip. I think I'll spend a bit more time in exeter though...

Nope. Will go to a Dutch festival :)

Which one(s) are you considering?

What about glastonb--- never mind.

I can't justify going one day for one band really, but then I don't know what I'll be doing for half the trip. I think I'll spend a bit more time in exeter though...

One day I'll go Glasto. One day

Not the big ones, there's a week festival in my hometown (I'll be back for about 6 weeks this summer) and one nearby... probably no names of interest to you guys, but it'll be nice for taking photos.

AFTERPARTEES // ALPHEUS FT. RUDE RICH // Andy Frasco (USA) // ANOUK // BACIAMOLEMANI (IT) // Baggi Begovic // Bassjackers // BEN MILLER BAND (USA) // BILLY THE KIT // BIRDS THAT CHANGE COLOUR (BE) // BJ BAARTMANS // BLUES PILLS (SWE/USA) // BONGO BOTRAKO (ESP) // BY THE RIVERS // CAIRO LIBERATION FRONT // CASA DE LA MUERTE // Claude Hay & the Gentle Enemies (AUS) // Dan Owen (UK) // Death Alley // DJ VERON // Doctor Krápula (col) // EPTIC // FIDDLER'S GREEN (DUI) // Flamingo Tours (SPA) // Flogging Molly (USA) // HOFFMAESTRO (SWE) // Hymn for her (VS) // Jack Broadbent // JACK PAROW (ZAF) // John Coffey // JOOST VAN BELLEN // JUNGLE BY NIGHT // KADAVAR (DE) // KATZENJAMMER (NOR) // KOVACS // LEEWAYS // MIKE HAWKINS // MIKE MAGO // Money & the man // MY BABY (NL/NZL) // Panko (SP) // Plork & de aannemers // PROXY // RAKETKANON // RALVERO // Rattlesnake Shake // Rave van Fortuin // Shaking Godspeed // SHANTEL (DE) // Sidney Samson // SKIP&DIE // SOVIET SUPREM (FR) // Sue The Night // SUGARTOOSH // TenTemPiés // THE BABOONS (BE) // THE DEAf // THE DIRTY DADDIES // The Goon Mat & Lord Bernardo (BEL) // THE HOT SPROCKETS (UK) // The Kilkenny's (IRL) // The Minutes // THE ODDWORD // The Urban Voodoo Machine (UK) // TJERK & LIQUID SUNSHINE // TOO MANY ZOOZ (USA) // TOY DOLLS (UK) // Tromp, de Waard en Hendrix // UMEME AFRORAVE

Not the big ones, there's a week festival in my hometown (I'll be back for about 6 weeks this summer) and one nearby... probably no names of interest to you guys, but it'll be nice for taking photos.

I got to bassjackers, then threw up in my mouth a little.