He did, but he changes his mind every two seconds. Saw my old AC30 stack and got GAS over it

Yeah, haven't messaged him recently, so I'm not sure where he is on his search for the perfect tone... he had it with this setup though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxk4QjjNYQ

Nah, still love a #cheeky Nandos from time to time. Just been distracted with my dissertation due in a month and how I still don't even have an idea for it

I thought you were having an affair with those KFC wraps

I was thinking of just doing saturday, but...

Sam would do that. I don't think he's going to have his ban lifted, but I don't think he's interested in the KnTs anymore. Does he still play guitar? I knew he quit (a few times) but last I heard he was G.A.S.-ing over one of those reissue starcasters

Also, Jaicen...

Oh yes... there will be sludge.

Wow, speedy!

Much appreciated! The VP jr 250k was what I was hoping I could use anyway, the Eb MVP with all its extra stuff just seemed too expensive and I was unsure about the Boss FV500.

I have a Boss FV500L in my effects loop and it works pretty nicely. Bit bigger than the VPJR I think? Pedalboard space isn't really a problem for me though! :LOL:

Maybe a silly question but have you tried it with a different GR unit??

Nope, just the one was expensive enough, and I don't know anywhere here that I could try another - this problem only popped up recently though, the issue is that I just don't know where the cause lies. :erm:

All I can imagine is that the saddle is damaged. I had a similar issue with one of my guitars where the sound on the low E was REALLY weak compared to the other strings, and it would come back if you pressed against the string where it rests on the saddle.

This isn't part of the bridge magician's work, is it?

edit: Actually, watching the video (I got a bit excited and decided to post first :$ ) that seems to be something different... I still wouldn't dismiss what I said above though

Nah, the thing is, the piezo still works perfectly, so it can't be a problem with the saddles. The low E is quieter than the others on the piezo of mine too, so that might be a general issue, but it's not related to this.

Edit - the midi problem might well be a connection problem on that one piezo insert though - will keep digging.

Edited by Bs

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should change the bridge on sxc jazz from a Bigsby to an Evertune (or another bridge?)

I never really use the vibrato on the bigsby and it's just hassle to restring and tune and all

Have you tried a guitar with an evertune before?

Have you tried a guitar with an evertune before?

Nope, don't really have an opportunity to try one either, may be a bit risky but I've heard decent stuff about them. Plus the tuning aspect is cool, it's just whether it affects string bending that much

Not sure whether I'd like the look of a standard ToM on a jazz

Nope, don't really have an opportunity to try one either, may be a bit risky but I've heard decent stuff about them. Plus the tuning aspect is cool, it's just whether it affects string bending that much

Not sure whether I'd like the look of a standard ToM on a jazz

I'd really try to find one with an evertune already and try it out. It would be a shame to ruin a decent guitar.

I'd really try to find one with an evertune already and try it out. It would be a shame to ruin a decent guitar.

Yeeah I get you. I think there's a shop in Brighton that deal with evertune stuff, will check it out next time I'm down

Although original question still going, any other opinions on bridges?

Yeeah I get you. I think there's a shop in Brighton that deal with evertune stuff, will check it out next time I'm down

Although original question still going, any other opinions on bridges?

Hardtail strat bridge?

What about the kahler stud mounted tremolo system? You can go back to tune-o-matic as well.

EDIT: Oops requires top routing though :o

If he is looking at an evertune I think routing is the least of his concerns :LOL:

Still not really figured it out, something about a Turkish fuzz pedal

from istanbul

wait, are we talking about that "fucking brilliant" DI tone he discovered? or that other guy talking about the turkish fuzz pedal before the 7 string riff?

Not familiar with the song titles, so I have no idea what both of you are referring to.

from istanbul

wait, are we talking about that "fucking brilliant" DI tone he discovered? or that other guy talking about the turkish fuzz pedal before the 7 string riff?

Not familiar with the song titles, so I have no idea what both of you are referring to.

Dark Cat pedals? Does the wooden cigar add toan?

Dark Cat pedals? Does the wooden cigar add toan?

That certainly looks like it... no wonder they didn't have it on the floor. It would probably break.

I shall buy it. Not expecting anything special though - it's under $40 including shipping

Save your $40. YAFF

I wish you told me that earlier. Somehow I don't think it's the sound we're hearing either, but SOMEONE had to do it.... and it had to be me :facepalm:

Hahaha! My money's on it being a fuzz face variant

I'll post some pictures of the insides once it arrives. Provided that it isn't reduced to splinters...

From the website, I infer that it has a metal box in the wooden box, so it's probably quite sturdy.

I also don't know what you're all on about, I didn't see the video :(

It's the 7 string riff from the instagram video and right before it they introduce a "custom made turkish pedal from istanbul"

But again, it's probably not the pedal. If anything, it's the ampeg V4 it was plugged into :ninja:

What? I didnt find the wooden pedal in the video. The one I was referring to was the one he is talking about here

11086236_10152725798190811_238614221_o.jpg?oh=040d8c6dcd58d99b4c227a05d12d26c8&oe=55280861&__gda__=1428677872_2dd99e6456815fd5409c31434ce85244

Is it the white one? He says:

"You hear it? Sounds fucking amazing" "Its just DI"

I think it may be the grey one but i'm not entirely sure