Hmmm... Not sure if I have too much gain. How do I know if I do or not?

@dominic_howard

I don't think there's a rule or anything, but actually getting a good sound with GSK level gain is a different story... no idea how he did it. His roland micro cube must have been modded by dumblel.

UK Psycho Tour, tickets already went on sale. Album June 8th, first single 'Dead Inside' March 23rd.

Really hope the album's not shit. As long as they've dropped all the quasi-political bullshit. Pretty glad none of the shows are anywhere near me. I'd probably be more annoyed about not being able to go, haha - I still haven't got over Zepp to be honest.

Really hope the album's not shit. As long as they've dropped all the quasi-political bullshit. Pretty glad none of the shows aren't anywhere near me. If they were, I'd probably be more annoyed about not being able to go, haha - I still haven't got over Zepp to be honest.

Were you in Japan at the time?

And it doesn't make a difference to me whether they're playing nearby or not.

Let's be annoyed together. :kiss:

No, it was about two months before I got there I think, which is what annoyed me, haha!

As long as they've dropped all the quasi-political bullshit.

"From Matt: “To me, 'Drones' are metaphorical psychopaths which enable psychopathic behaviour with no recourse. The world is run by Drones utilizing Drones to turn us all into Drones. This album explores the journey of a human, from their abandonment and loss of hope, to their indoctrination by the system to be a human drone, to their eventual defection from their oppressors.""

Oh. Bollocks. :(

No, it was about two months before I got there I think, which is what annoyed me, haha!

"From Matt: “To me, 'Drones' are metaphorical psychopaths which enable psychopathic behaviour with no recourse. The world is run by Drones utilizing Drones to turn us all into Drones. This album explores the journey of a human, from their abandonment and loss of hope, to their indoctrination by the system to be a human drone, to their eventual defection from their oppressors.""

Oh. Bollocks. :(

I read that, and then realized something... That post is like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyyuwDPS-gA

one Bs post inside of another Bs post... :stunned:

To be honest though, I wouldn't let that spoil it for you

one Bs post inside of another Bs post... :stunned:

To be honest though, I wouldn't let that spoil it for you

Haha, now I need to go for three levels...

Yeah, if the music's good, I'll enjoy it, I'm just pretty tired of the whole modernist political angle they've had going for a while.

I preferred it when it was a lost more abstract. It kind of started in BHAR, but I think it's got a lot worse since then.

Edit -

New Godspeed album this month!

Time to dig this old video out I think! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ipWYL6o_N8

Edited by Bs

Neil, it's happening again!

I assume you mean Drop D?

It's always in Drop D, this one just has an octaver on it.

Or its being played on the bass.

Why would they be tuned for drop C?

how about actually giving me an answer?

Which song is in drop c?

Spidesk.gif

So what's on Matt's guitar in the new video?

I noticed that too... some questionable little black box where a XY pad would usually go... It appears to stick up above face of guitar...

Did anyone ever figure out what the box on the back of the headstock of the glitter 7 string was?

Well that's the same guitar that the hammer jammer was mounted to, so it could be something to do with that.

and I figure the 7 string block was to prevent the machine heads from getting knocked out of tune (happened once during a performance)