Reading 2006. Don't let the mental YT mix fool you; insane atmosphere, fantastic performance with a lovely solo and then the glory of the Space Dementia outro to round it all off.

Barring that, the Abbey Road performance from the day after is also amazing.

Were you there?

• 1 month later...

Just watched this for the first time in ages. Made my hairs stand on end. It is the essence of the Muse I miss most, save for those fleeting moments they come back like this. I hope they can recapture it on LP7.

Everything from Matt's guitar and powerful vocals, Chris's HUGE bass and deadly bass, the precise, tight link-up between Chris and Dom during the verse, flashes of feedback here and there, distorted vocals (:awesome:), Morgan's synthy bits - they got this song down to a fine art on the T2L tour, I really hope it sticks around. Let's not forget it's one of Muse's most successful songs to date in terms of charting, back in a time where it took a lot more sales for something to chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI3c70-fs4U

I wish... I was at Reading 2011, which was pretty good for KoC. The radio audio rip of the 2006 performance is brilliant though.

And loved that Dead Star performance, especially for the crowd

Not sure how you can tell the atmosphere of the gig by a radio rip but yeah, okay.

Just watched this for the first time in ages. Made my hairs stand on end. It is the essence of the Muse I miss most, save for those fleeting moments they come back like this. I hope they can recapture it on LP7.

Everything from Matt's guitar and powerful vocals, Chris's HUGE bass and deadly bass, the precise, tight link-up between Chris and Dom during the verse, flashes of feedback here and there, distorted vocals (:awesome:), Morgan's synthy bits - they got this song down to a fine art on the T2L tour, I really hope it sticks around. Let's not forget it's one of Muse's most successful songs to date in terms of charting, back in a time where it took a lot more sales for something to chart.

Well said, I thought this was a sensational performance and probably my favourite Deadstar performance. I hope it can stick around on the next tour and maybe rotate with Microcuts.

forgot how much of a beast this was at War Child