• 1 month later...
It's very good. The "I wish I could"s are the best in a while.

I noticed at Download that he seemed to have stepped them up a little bit. I still think I'd prefer it if he let Chris do that part though.

Doesn't come close to the '04 performances of it though imo. I don't like Matt's new tone for it, too much phaser for me as well. I hate to use the word, but the '04 performances sounded a lot more 'raw'. Matt's vocals felt more powerful and passionate as well.

Love that version of SS! They were on fire that gig!

In terms of fairly recent SS performances, I think ACL is one of the best too (I'd have to listen to both multiple times to figure out which is "better" though :p). And the Freedom outro vocals are epic in this one too... That last scream is killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9BfVN18YJg

Edited by TrebleRose689

I noticed at Download that he seemed to have stepped them up a little bit. I still think I'd prefer it if he let Chris do that part though.

Doesn't come close to the '04 performances of it though imo. I don't like Matt's new tone for it, too much phaser for me as well. I hate to use the word, but the '04 performances sounded a lot more 'raw'. Matt's vocals felt more powerful and passionate as well.

I agree with this but it's still one of the better ones since that time. I really doubt that Matt will produce 04 kinds of performances again. At a bare minimum they'd need to actually close with it for it to be possible.

I agree with this but it's still one of the better ones since that time. I really doubt that Matt will produce 04 kinds of performances again. At a bare minimum they'd need to actually close with it for it to be possible.

it's doubtful, but it's good to see him produce aspects of it, like the ACL SS above, that final scream is classic

Pretty sure it was Katy Perry who ruined that word.

That would be "Roar". ;)

Interesting thread. For me it would have to be almost any song from Glasto 2004. They've probably all been named numerous times already no doubt.

I really hate that the guitar is tuned down an octave for the final riff, it empties the mids of any volume or power :(

yeah it's a shame really, it sounded good when he used that effect on SMBH last tour but it just doesn't fit with assassin